Football, Sports

N’Kosi Perry named starting quarterback against Virginia

In Wednesday’s post-practice press conference, head coach Manny Diaz announced that redshirt sophomore N’Kosi Perry will start Friday’s game against No. 20 Virginia.

Diaz also said that Jarren Williams, who has started all of Miami’s games this season, is “dealing with an upper extremity issue that leaves him less than 100 percent.” Williams did not participate in drills during Tuesday’s practice and was throwing independently on the side.

“We think N’Kosi gives us a chance to win,” Diaz said. “I think we all saw last Saturday the improvement in his game and we are excited to get behind him, to rally behind him and find a way to beat a very well-coached and tough-minded Virginia team.”

N'Kosi throw 2.0.jpg

N'Kosi Perry throws a pass after replacing Jarren Williams as quarterback in Miami's 42-35 loss to Virginia Tech last week. Photo credit: Josh Halper

Perry replaced Williams at quarterback last Saturday against Virginia Tech after Williams started the game by throwing three interceptions on three consecutive drives. Perry stayed at quarterback for the remainder of the game and threw for 422 yards with four touchdowns and one interception. In the post-game press conference, Diaz said that Williams was healthy enough to play, but made the decision to keep Perry in.

“I just want to get a win for the team,” Perry said after practice on Wednesday. “We need to get that feeling back so we can get used to winning.”

Isabella Didio

Two Commencement ceremonies will take place at the Watsco Center on the Coral Gables campus on Thurs ...

The investiture of the School of Law Dean Anthony E. Varona as the M. Minnette Massey Chair took pla ...

The University of Miami Frost School of Music's annual holiday event raises funds for the Donna ...

University of Miami Miller School of Medicine students hung 3,000 posters in Wynwood last weekend to ...

Life on Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas is striving to get back to normal, but the scars of Hurric ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.