Registration for 2020 ACC Leadership Symposium opens

The 2020 ACC Leadership Symposium is coming up and students who are interested can sign up to attend until Oct. 7 at 11:59 p.m.

This year’s conference will be hosted at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky, on Feb. 28 to Mar. 1.

The conference’s theme this year is “Reaching Social Change Through Storytelling.”

Students who participate will work first hand with students from schools in the Atlantic Coast Conference to understand the relationship between global and local issues to create innovative initiatives that advance a students capacity for global leadership.

Any student who wishes to apply must be in good standing at the University of Miami and have at least a 3.0 GPA.

If selected to represent the University of Miami at the conference, students are required to submit a $100 refundable deposit (cash or check). All deposits will be due to the Butler Center for Service and Leadership by Dec. 2 at 5 p.m.

Joseph Brandon Cid

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...