Administration, Campus Life, News

Academic Technologies to lead faculty showcase

The Information Technology Department is presenting the University of Miami’s annual faculty showcase on Thursday, Oct. 17.

Faculty can attend the event for a learning and networking opportunity. The faculty-led conference intends to spread new ideas and technologies with the goal of enriching both faculty and student experience.

The free event will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the third floor of the Donna E. Shalala Student Center. Breakfast, lunch and other refreshments will be provided throughout the day.

The faculty showcase features “learning circles” led by faculty speakers, promoting the sharing of meaningful teaching strategies.

“Every year when I attend the faculty showcase, I leave with new ideas and new contacts. It’s a fabulous learning and networking opportunity,” said Miriam Lipsky, the assistant Provost for institutional culture and speaker at the 2018 faculty showcase.

Registration is now filled but interested parties can still put their names on a waitlist at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/university-of-miami-faculty-showcase-fall-2019-tickets-60705871897. The waitlist is updated weekly.

Questions may be emailed to academictechnologies@miami.edu.

MacKenzie Trexler

The United States Postal Service features Emilio Sanchez, the first Cuban American visual artist to be recognized in a new series of Forever stamps. ...

With the first elevated concrete floor deck poured last week, the Frost Institute of Chemistry and Molecular Science is on pace to open in the summer of 2022. ...

In a new study that scrutinized the speech patterns of Freddie Mercury, Michael Phelps, and other celebrities, University of Miami researchers offer insights on how diet ultimately reshapes language. ...

The multidisciplinary forum in April will explore lessons learned from the regions. There is a call for papers to be presented, but abstracts must be submitted by Jan. 17. ...

Former executive vice president John L. Green Jr., who helped launch the University’s football dynasty with two key coaching hires, passed away this month. ...