Administration, Campus Life, News

Academic Technologies to lead faculty showcase

The Information Technology Department is presenting the University of Miami’s annual faculty showcase on Thursday, Oct. 17.

Faculty can attend the event for a learning and networking opportunity. The faculty-led conference intends to spread new ideas and technologies with the goal of enriching both faculty and student experience.

The free event will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the third floor of the Donna E. Shalala Student Center. Breakfast, lunch and other refreshments will be provided throughout the day.

The faculty showcase features “learning circles” led by faculty speakers, promoting the sharing of meaningful teaching strategies.

“Every year when I attend the faculty showcase, I leave with new ideas and new contacts. It’s a fabulous learning and networking opportunity,” said Miriam Lipsky, the assistant Provost for institutional culture and speaker at the 2018 faculty showcase.

Registration is now filled but interested parties can still put their names on a waitlist at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/university-of-miami-faculty-showcase-fall-2019-tickets-60705871897. The waitlist is updated weekly.

Questions may be emailed to academictechnologies@miami.edu.

MacKenzie Trexler

As vaping becomes more prevalent among the nation’s youth, the University of Miami is working to ste ...

Two Category 5 storms and an unusual number of weak and short-lived storms characterize a season tha ...

Days ahead of Veterans Day, ’Canes across campus worked together to build care packages for deployed ...

Walter Mercado, who died Nov.2, will be buried in his native Puerto Rico on Friday after two days of ...

The new facility will be modeled after the Lennar Foundation Medical Center at the Coral Gables camp ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.