Administration, Campus Life, News

Academic Technologies to lead faculty showcase

The Information Technology Department is presenting the University of Miami’s annual faculty showcase on Thursday, Oct. 17.

Faculty can attend the event for a learning and networking opportunity. The faculty-led conference intends to spread new ideas and technologies with the goal of enriching both faculty and student experience.

The free event will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on the third floor of the Donna E. Shalala Student Center. Breakfast, lunch and other refreshments will be provided throughout the day.

The faculty showcase features “learning circles” led by faculty speakers, promoting the sharing of meaningful teaching strategies.

“Every year when I attend the faculty showcase, I leave with new ideas and new contacts. It’s a fabulous learning and networking opportunity,” said Miriam Lipsky, the assistant Provost for institutional culture and speaker at the 2018 faculty showcase.

Registration is now filled but interested parties can still put their names on a waitlist at https://www.eventbrite.com/e/university-of-miami-faculty-showcase-fall-2019-tickets-60705871897. The waitlist is updated weekly.

Questions may be emailed to academictechnologies@miami.edu.

MacKenzie Trexler

An online seminar sponsored by the University of Miami Institute for Advanced Study of the Americas

The first presidential debate between President Donald J. Trump and former vice president and democr

As the Miami Hurricanes take on Florida State, University of Miami students are invited to a Friday-

Linguist Caleb Everett reminds us that the mind has yet to grasp the modern world’s explosion of mas