Academics, News

Law school to hold annual admissions workshop

The University of Miami’s law school will host their annual admissions workshop Sept. 27.

This is one of the law school’s most popular events. Prospective law students will work with staff form the admissions office to review documents from the application. Students will also have the opportunity to hear general tips from the staff, hear an overview of UM’s law program and ask questions. Not only that, but some first-year law students will be talking about their experience at the school so far, detailing what they did to apply.

The event is open to all students who are interested in attending law school. A significant number of out of state students travel to Miami to participate.

“A good portion of the students who participate are from Orlando,” said Shakira Valle, who is part of the school’s office of admissions and student recruitment. “We get a lot of UCF students.”

Students interested in attending can RSVP here and fill out basic information such as name, major, name of the school that they are currently attending, expected graduation date and the highest LSAT score.

The event will take place Friday, Sept. 27 at the School of Law from 6 to 8 p.m.

Victoria Anzola

Claire Paris-Limouzy started freediving for research and ended up becoming a record-breaking athlete who is also spearheading a Scientific Freediving program at the University. ...

Sociology scholars from around the world convened for a virtual conference hosted by the University of Miami on Thursday to explore shifting tendencies in international relocation and the implications for global social change. ...

Lauryn Williams, track and field and bobsled medalist, addressed the University community during Wednesday night’s “What Matters to U” virtual event. ...

During his appearance Tuesday on a webinar hosted by the University of Miami Patti and Allan Herbert Business School, tech mogul Eric Yuan highlighted the importance of a workplace culture of happiness and urged that businesses pay greater attention to the digital divide. ...

Early voting in Florida began this week and will last through Nov. 1. Here’s a rundown of everything students need to know about upcoming campus events, from the final debate watch party to transportation to the polls. ...