Campus Life, Community, Music, News

Tune in every Thursday for the Frost Jazz Hour on 88.9 FM WDNA

The University of Miami Frost Jazz Hour takes place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The live performance and broadcast is open to the public and can be heard on 88.9 FM WDNA. This event aims to attract students, faculty and alumni to come together and enjoy an hour of music and tradition.

The program not only features UM Frost School of Music students but also faculty, alumni and friends. The live performance can be enjoyed at the WDNA Jazz Gallery, located at 2921 Coral Way in Miami. UM professor and musician, Will Wulfeck, will be performing with his sextet Thursday, Sept. 26.

“It’s funny how small and connected the world of music is,” said Philip Capuzzi, 20, studio music and jazz double bass major and current intern for WDNA. “Will Wulfeck is actually more or less the reason I entered the jazz program at Frost, being that I played in an ensemble of his before I even auditioned and now, here I am, producing the live stream for his new sextet on WDNA.”

The well-established Jazz Hour has a 10-year trajectory. Additionally, students and faculty members from the Frost School of Music perform live every Thursday.

“This is an excellent opportunity for Frost students who are passionate about jazz and want to put themselves out there,” Capuzzi said.

The live performance can also be viewed via WDNA’s Video Livestream channel.

Follow WDNA on Livestream and Facebook or the UM Frost Jazz Hour on Facebook.

Cinthya Franco

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

A continuation of the “What Matters to U” speaker series, the former Ohio governor will speak to stu ...

Thousands gathered at the University of Miami’s Coral Gables campus for a weekend of creativity and ...

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

UM's 2020 slate features an opener against a familiar former Big East foe, a three-game homesta ...

Two Canes earned spots on the 2020 D1 Baseball Preseason All-America Third Team. ...

After running the NCAA's fastest 60m dash time over the weekend, Raheem Chambers of the Miami t ...

The Miami women's tennis team retained its spot in the Oracle/ITA top 25, as announced Wednesda ...

Miami women's basketball returns to the Watsco Center on Thursday. ...