Campus Life, Community, Music, News

Tune in every Thursday for the Frost Jazz Hour on 88.9 FM WDNA

The University of Miami Frost Jazz Hour takes place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The live performance and broadcast is open to the public and can be heard on 88.9 FM WDNA. This event aims to attract students, faculty and alumni to come together and enjoy an hour of music and tradition.

The program not only features UM Frost School of Music students but also faculty, alumni and friends. The live performance can be enjoyed at the WDNA Jazz Gallery, located at 2921 Coral Way in Miami. UM professor and musician, Will Wulfeck, will be performing with his sextet Thursday, Sept. 26.

“It’s funny how small and connected the world of music is,” said Philip Capuzzi, 20, studio music and jazz double bass major and current intern for WDNA. “Will Wulfeck is actually more or less the reason I entered the jazz program at Frost, being that I played in an ensemble of his before I even auditioned and now, here I am, producing the live stream for his new sextet on WDNA.”

The well-established Jazz Hour has a 10-year trajectory. Additionally, students and faculty members from the Frost School of Music perform live every Thursday.

“This is an excellent opportunity for Frost students who are passionate about jazz and want to put themselves out there,” Capuzzi said.

The live performance can also be viewed via WDNA’s Video Livestream channel.

Follow WDNA on Livestream and Facebook or the UM Frost Jazz Hour on Facebook.

Cinthya Franco

With technology developed at UM, aerospace engineer GeCheng Zha hopes to usher in a new era of urban ...

The second meeting of the Hemispheric University Consortium in Jamaica added new members and worked ...

Alumna Diana Donnarumma received a multi-organ transplant and is now working to help others who suff ...

Renovations to the School of Architecture’s library doubled its footprint, offering students a place ...

Through Project MMAGIC, assistant professor of psychology Sannisha Dale will analyze how snide comme ...

Hurricanes legend Bernie Kosar was among those Hall of Fame inductees, record setters and NFL stando ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team turned in a stellar performance competi ...

Hurricanes are set to open competition at the ITA Southeast Regional Championship on Thursday. ...

Freshmen Kenza Salgues and Moulayna Johnson Sidi Baba, UM's two newest international players, a ...

Head women's basketball coach Katie Meier and the Miami Hurricanes hosted 135 local fans for th ...