Campus Life, Community, Music, News

Tune in every Thursday for the Frost Jazz Hour on 88.9 FM WDNA

The University of Miami Frost Jazz Hour takes place every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. The live performance and broadcast is open to the public and can be heard on 88.9 FM WDNA. This event aims to attract students, faculty and alumni to come together and enjoy an hour of music and tradition.

The program not only features UM Frost School of Music students but also faculty, alumni and friends. The live performance can be enjoyed at the WDNA Jazz Gallery, located at 2921 Coral Way in Miami. UM professor and musician, Will Wulfeck, will be performing with his sextet Thursday, Sept. 26.

“It’s funny how small and connected the world of music is,” said Philip Capuzzi, 20, studio music and jazz double bass major and current intern for WDNA. “Will Wulfeck is actually more or less the reason I entered the jazz program at Frost, being that I played in an ensemble of his before I even auditioned and now, here I am, producing the live stream for his new sextet on WDNA.”

The well-established Jazz Hour has a 10-year trajectory. Additionally, students and faculty members from the Frost School of Music perform live every Thursday.

“This is an excellent opportunity for Frost students who are passionate about jazz and want to put themselves out there,” Capuzzi said.

The live performance can also be viewed via WDNA’s Video Livestream channel.

Follow WDNA on Livestream and Facebook or the UM Frost Jazz Hour on Facebook.

Cinthya Franco

With remarks by entrepreneur and alumnus Rony Abovitz, a recent event at the Kislak Center showcased ...

A UM student retention task force is working to ensure that all first-year students feel at home. ...

A new School of Nursing and Health Studies’ initiative delivers critical health care for Miami’s hom ...

As part of the Leadership UMiami program, students heard from community leaders who spend their care ...

Miller School of Medicine doctors are providing assistance on Great Abaco Island, where survivors of ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.