Football

Miami vs. Central Michigan Live Blog

Third quarter update:

The Canes scored their second touchdown just five minutes into the third quarter on a six yard pass from Williams to receiver KJ Osborn. Aside from the touchdown, Miami is still struggling to put together successful offensive drives this quarter. Central Michigan got their first offensive points of the game on a 55 yard field goal by Ryan Tice. Miami leads 14-3 at the end of the third quarter.

Halftime update:

The Canes head into halftime up 7-2. After scoring a touchdown early in the first quarter, Miami has struggled offensively, rushing for just 27 yards, with 149 total yards of offense in the first half. Quarterback Jarren Williams was sacked three times in the second quarter, fumbling on two of the sacks, one of which was recovered by the Chippewas. Central Michigan’s only points of the game came on a safety after Williams was sacked in his own end zone. Defensively, the Canes have been pretty solid. Defensive lineman Pat Bethel brought out the turnover chain after he recovered the ball on a fumble forced by Jonathan Garvin.

First quarter update:

The Hurricanes came out of the gate hot, scoring on their first drive of the game. Running back DeeJay Dallas was able to push his way into the end zone on 4th and one to score the only touchdown of the quarter. Tight end Will Mallory caught two passes in the drive and already has a career high 59 receiving yards. The Canes also debuted the turnover chain late in the quarter on a strip sack from defensive lineman Gregory Rousseau. The Canes lead 7-0 at the end of the first quarter.

Isabella Didio

With technology developed at UM, aerospace engineer GeCheng Zha hopes to usher in a new era of urban ...

The second meeting of the Hemispheric University Consortium in Jamaica added new members and worked ...

Alumna Diana Donnarumma received a multi-organ transplant and is now working to help others who suff ...

Renovations to the School of Architecture’s library doubled its footprint, offering students a place ...

Through Project MMAGIC, assistant professor of psychology Sannisha Dale will analyze how snide comme ...

Hurricanes legend Bernie Kosar was among those Hall of Fame inductees, record setters and NFL stando ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team turned in a stellar performance competi ...

Hurricanes are set to open competition at the ITA Southeast Regional Championship on Thursday. ...

Freshmen Kenza Salgues and Moulayna Johnson Sidi Baba, UM's two newest international players, a ...

Head women's basketball coach Katie Meier and the Miami Hurricanes hosted 135 local fans for th ...