Campus Life, Environment, News

Students can play the Sustainable Development Goals Game to create more sustainable world

News-1-1024x682.png

Can you create a prosperous, fair and sustainable world?

A unique opportunity to play the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game will take place this Sunday, Sept 22 on the University of Miami campus.

Koru Consulting Limited is running a workshop in which participants explore how the world can achieve sustainable goals through persuasive gameplay designed to change players’ interests, activities and opinions. It is also a social impact game as it aims to help make the world a better place.

Unlike digital games, players don’t need to meet any technical hurdles because it is a card game. It also lends itself to the potential for a wider audience and a good format for intergenerational discussion.

“Ultimately, the goal is a life-changing experience in two hours. That’s a pretty great ratio of impact to time spent,” said Lindsay Grace, the knight chair in the Department of Interactive Media in the School of Communication said.

What: 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game – Miami

When: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:30-5:00 p.m.

Cost: Free with Promo Code: UM

For further information and location check Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2zu2HBW

Greta West

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...