Campus Life, Environment, News

Students can play the Sustainable Development Goals Game to create more sustainable world

News-1-1024x682.png

Can you create a prosperous, fair and sustainable world?

A unique opportunity to play the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game will take place this Sunday, Sept 22 on the University of Miami campus.

Koru Consulting Limited is running a workshop in which participants explore how the world can achieve sustainable goals through persuasive gameplay designed to change players’ interests, activities and opinions. It is also a social impact game as it aims to help make the world a better place.

Unlike digital games, players don’t need to meet any technical hurdles because it is a card game. It also lends itself to the potential for a wider audience and a good format for intergenerational discussion.

“Ultimately, the goal is a life-changing experience in two hours. That’s a pretty great ratio of impact to time spent,” said Lindsay Grace, the knight chair in the Department of Interactive Media in the School of Communication said.

What: 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game – Miami

When: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:30-5:00 p.m.

Cost: Free with Promo Code: UM

For further information and location check Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2zu2HBW

Greta West

The series—which will feature experts discussing their groundbreaking research on corals, ocean and atmospheric science, and how climate change is forcing communities to alter their long-range plans—will begin this week. ...

Octavia Bridges, a 20-year veteran of the University of Miami Police Department, has been promoted to oversee crime prevention and community relations on the Coral Gables Campus. ...

The Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection has given social scientists and psychologists another example to examine the behavior and actions of groups. ...

Some experts believe that pent-up demand will push the economy into a rebound after the majority of the U.S. population receives the COVID-19 vaccine. ...

All students are required to test negative for COVID-19 before attending any in-person classes, programs, or work shifts on any University of Miami campus. With the start of classes Monday, here is the critical information students need to know. ...