Campus Life, Environment, News

Students can play the Sustainable Development Goals Game to create more sustainable world

News-1-1024x682.png

Can you create a prosperous, fair and sustainable world?

A unique opportunity to play the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game will take place this Sunday, Sept 22 on the University of Miami campus.

Koru Consulting Limited is running a workshop in which participants explore how the world can achieve sustainable goals through persuasive gameplay designed to change players’ interests, activities and opinions. It is also a social impact game as it aims to help make the world a better place.

Unlike digital games, players don’t need to meet any technical hurdles because it is a card game. It also lends itself to the potential for a wider audience and a good format for intergenerational discussion.

“Ultimately, the goal is a life-changing experience in two hours. That’s a pretty great ratio of impact to time spent,” said Lindsay Grace, the knight chair in the Department of Interactive Media in the School of Communication said.

What: 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game – Miami

When: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:30-5:00 p.m.

Cost: Free with Promo Code: UM

For further information and location check Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2zu2HBW

Greta West

The Patti and Allan Herbert Wellness Center offers a great place to exercise; but if you can’t make ...

The Miami Climate Symposium 2020: Predicting and Living with Extremes, a three-day event hosted by t ...

A continuation of the “What Matters to U” speaker series, the former Ohio governor will speak to stu ...

Thousands gathered at the University of Miami’s Coral Gables campus for a weekend of creativity and ...

Some of the last uninhabited islands on the planet are serving as a natural laboratory for a Univers ...

UM's 2020 slate features an opener against a familiar former Big East foe, a three-game homesta ...

Miami women's basketball returns to the Watsco Center on Thursday. ...

Two Canes earned spots on the 2020 D1 Baseball Preseason All-America Third Team. ...

After running the NCAA's fastest 60m dash time over the weekend, Raheem Chambers of the Miami t ...

The Miami women's tennis team retained its spot in the Oracle/ITA top 25, as announced Wednesda ...