Campus Life, Environment, News

Students can play the Sustainable Development Goals Game to create more sustainable world

News-1-1024x682.png

Can you create a prosperous, fair and sustainable world?

A unique opportunity to play the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game will take place this Sunday, Sept 22 on the University of Miami campus.

Koru Consulting Limited is running a workshop in which participants explore how the world can achieve sustainable goals through persuasive gameplay designed to change players’ interests, activities and opinions. It is also a social impact game as it aims to help make the world a better place.

Unlike digital games, players don’t need to meet any technical hurdles because it is a card game. It also lends itself to the potential for a wider audience and a good format for intergenerational discussion.

“Ultimately, the goal is a life-changing experience in two hours. That’s a pretty great ratio of impact to time spent,” said Lindsay Grace, the knight chair in the Department of Interactive Media in the School of Communication said.

What: 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game – Miami

When: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:30-5:00 p.m.

Cost: Free with Promo Code: UM

For further information and location check Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2zu2HBW

Greta West

With technology developed at UM, aerospace engineer GeCheng Zha hopes to usher in a new era of urban ...

The second meeting of the Hemispheric University Consortium in Jamaica added new members and worked ...

Alumna Diana Donnarumma received a multi-organ transplant and is now working to help others who suff ...

Renovations to the School of Architecture’s library doubled its footprint, offering students a place ...

Through Project MMAGIC, assistant professor of psychology Sannisha Dale will analyze how snide comme ...

Hurricanes legend Bernie Kosar was among those Hall of Fame inductees, record setters and NFL stando ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team turned in a stellar performance competi ...

Hurricanes are set to open competition at the ITA Southeast Regional Championship on Thursday. ...

Freshmen Kenza Salgues and Moulayna Johnson Sidi Baba, UM's two newest international players, a ...

Head women's basketball coach Katie Meier and the Miami Hurricanes hosted 135 local fans for th ...