Campus Life, Environment, News

Students can play the Sustainable Development Goals Game to create more sustainable world

News-1-1024x682.png

Can you create a prosperous, fair and sustainable world?

A unique opportunity to play the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game will take place this Sunday, Sept 22 on the University of Miami campus.

Koru Consulting Limited is running a workshop in which participants explore how the world can achieve sustainable goals through persuasive gameplay designed to change players’ interests, activities and opinions. It is also a social impact game as it aims to help make the world a better place.

Unlike digital games, players don’t need to meet any technical hurdles because it is a card game. It also lends itself to the potential for a wider audience and a good format for intergenerational discussion.

“Ultimately, the goal is a life-changing experience in two hours. That’s a pretty great ratio of impact to time spent,” said Lindsay Grace, the knight chair in the Department of Interactive Media in the School of Communication said.

What: 2030 Sustainable Development Goals Game – Miami

When: Sunday, September 22, 2019 2:30-5:00 p.m.

Cost: Free with Promo Code: UM

For further information and location check Eventbrite page: https://bit.ly/2zu2HBW

Greta West

A cadre of 75 students have been hired to support safety on the University’s Coral Gables Campus and

After two and half years of construction, the 12-acre facility officially opened its doors on Thursd

Get Out The Vote, the university’s chapter of the nonpartisan initiative headed by the Division of S

The University of Miami’s Coral Gables Campus recently received a “Tree Campus USA” designation from

Parking enforcement on the Coral Gables Campus (including the Gables One Tower) begins Monday, Aug.