Art, Community, Edge

Arsht Center offers discounted tickets for college students

This 2019-2020 season, The Adrienne Arsht Center is offering college students discounted tickets to see world-class performances through the UTIX program.

Now in its sixth year, The UTIX program provides full-time, degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate college students access to 150+ shows throughout the season for only $25 per ticket.

IMG_0038.jpg

The Arsht Center, located in downtown Miami, is offering students discounted tickets through the UTIX program. Photo source: Instagram, @arshtcenter

In the past, Arsht UTIX members have experienced performances of The Book of Mormon, Les Misérables, Come From Away, Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater and Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

This season’s UTIX performances include:

– Cuba Beat: India en Homenaje a Celia Cruz (Sept. 28)

– City Theatre’s The Cake (Dec. 5 – Dec. 22)

– Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert (Dec. 28)

– Cuba Beat: A Beny Moré, Con Amor (Feb. 22, 2020)

Plus, for the first time, Arsht UTIX members can purchase a Theater Up Close subscription package at the Arsht UTIX discount. From Broadway hits to World Premieres, the Theater Up Close series brings award-winning theater to the Carnival Studio Theater.

The package costs $125, (30% off a regular subscription) and includes all five Theater Up Close shows:

– Zoetic Stage’s The Wolves (Oct. 31-Nov.17)

– City Theatre’s The Cake (Dec.5-22)

– Zoetic Stage’s American Son (Jan. 9-26)

– Zoetic Stage’s A Little Night Music (March 19-April 12)

– Zoetic Stage’s GringoLandia (May 7-24)

Visit www.arshtcenter.org/UTIX, for free UTIX registration and instructions on how to subscribe to Theater Up Close.

Essien Duke

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

Women’s soccer World Cup champion Megan Rapinoe urged University of Miami students to fight for equa ...

Engineering and business professors met with officials from the City of North Bay Village and Miami- ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...

Shannon McCarthy and BIIK Kazygurt are set to face off against FC Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champion ...

The Hurricanes got a much-needed conference win Friday night over Virginia. Now Miami looks to build ...

Kristina Fisher registers her 17th career assist to move into second on the program's all-time ...