Basketball, Sports

ACC releases schedule for 2019-2020 men’s basketball season

Two months out from the start of the college basketball season, the Atlantic Coast Conference has released the full schedules for the 2019-2020 men’s basketball season. The Canes begin ACC play in their season opener against Louisville on November 5 at the Watsco Center and end with a trip up to Syracuse on March 7. Miami had previously released its non-conference schedule on July 29.

Following the season opener, the Canes will play 11 non-conference games before returning to their ACC schedule with a game at Clemson (Dec. 31), followed by a visit from Duke (Jan. 4).

Miami will then play Louisville (Jan. 7), Pittsburgh (Jan. 12) and NC State (Jan. 15) before hosting rival Florida State at the Watsco Center on Jan. 18.

After that, the Hurricanes will play two games in the state of North Carolina, facing Duke (Jan. 21) for the second time and North Carolina (Jan. 25).

The Canes will play Virginia Tech (Jan. 28) at the end of January and Pittsburgh (Feb. 2), NC State (Feb. 5) and Florida State (Feb. 8) all for a second time at the beginning of February.

Deeper into February, Miami will host Boston College (Feb. 12) and Wake Forest (Feb. 15), and then travel up to Blacksburg to face Virginia Tech (Feb. 19) for a second time.

The Canes will play at Notre Dame (Feb. 23) and Georgia Tech (Feb. 29) before closing out conference play with visits from defending national champion Virginia (Mar. 4) and Syracuse (Mar. 7).

All 20 games will be televised.

The full schedule of ACC games is as followed:

Nov. 5 vs. Louisville

Dec. 31 at Clemson

Jan. 4 vs. Duke

Jan. 7 at Louisville

Jan. 12 vs. Pittsburgh

Jan. 15 at NC State

Jan. 18 vs. Florida State

Jan. 21 at Duke

Jan 25. at North Carolina

Jan. 28 vs. Virginia Tech

Feb. 2 at Pittsburgh

Feb. 5 vs. NC State

Feb. 8 at Florida State

Feb. 12 vs. Boston College

Feb. 15 vs. Wake Forest

Feb. 19 at Virginia Tech

Feb. 23 at Notre Dame

Feb. 29 at Georgia Tech

March 4 vs. Virginia

March 7 vs. Syracuse

Isabella Didio

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...