Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes baseball walk-on tryouts to be held Sept. 19

The University of Miami baseball team will be holding walk-on tryouts at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

All currently enrolled, full-time University of Miami students are eligible to participate in tryouts. Interested students must fill out the proper paperwork located in the Ron Fraser Building prior to a mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 in order to partake in the tryouts.

The Ron Fraser Building is located above the first base dugout at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The mandatory compliance meeting for tryouts will start at 3 p.m. Sept. 12 in the baseball team meeting room on the second floor of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

To be qualified for tryouts, paperwork must be filled out in advance and all potential participants must be cleared by the Miami Athletics Compliance Office. Students must attend the mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 to qualify for the walk-on tryouts.

Maxwell Trink

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...