Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes baseball walk-on tryouts to be held Sept. 19

The University of Miami baseball team will be holding walk-on tryouts at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

All currently enrolled, full-time University of Miami students are eligible to participate in tryouts. Interested students must fill out the proper paperwork located in the Ron Fraser Building prior to a mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 in order to partake in the tryouts.

The Ron Fraser Building is located above the first base dugout at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The mandatory compliance meeting for tryouts will start at 3 p.m. Sept. 12 in the baseball team meeting room on the second floor of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

To be qualified for tryouts, paperwork must be filled out in advance and all potential participants must be cleared by the Miami Athletics Compliance Office. Students must attend the mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 to qualify for the walk-on tryouts.

Maxwell Trink

A University of Miami political scientist weighs in on whether election polls can be trusted given what occurred in 2016 and again last year. ...

A professor in the School of Communication, and an expert on the history of television sitcoms, writes about the 50th anniversary of “All in the Family.” ...

The former executive vice president and provost served from 1986 to 2005, elevating the University’s stature as a leading research institution. ...

The Hemispheric University Consortium is connecting universities and students for critical conversations focused on solving some of the world’s most pressing problems, such as climate change. ...

Experts say creativity and kindness can help make the most of this challenging holiday season. ...