Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes baseball walk-on tryouts to be held Sept. 19

The University of Miami baseball team will be holding walk-on tryouts at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

All currently enrolled, full-time University of Miami students are eligible to participate in tryouts. Interested students must fill out the proper paperwork located in the Ron Fraser Building prior to a mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 in order to partake in the tryouts.

The Ron Fraser Building is located above the first base dugout at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The mandatory compliance meeting for tryouts will start at 3 p.m. Sept. 12 in the baseball team meeting room on the second floor of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

To be qualified for tryouts, paperwork must be filled out in advance and all potential participants must be cleared by the Miami Athletics Compliance Office. Students must attend the mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 to qualify for the walk-on tryouts.

Maxwell Trink

Neil Hammerschlag provides a preview of what to expect during this year’s shark programming set to b

University of Miami architects and engineers, spurred by lessons learned from the pandemic, re-creat

A newly developed therapy aims to bolster child-rearing techniques during the age of COVID-19.

As the nation confronts its racist legacy, sociologist Nick Petersen’s research exploring how instit

Employing her love for scientific inquiry that developed at a young age, Isadora Smith conducts rese