Baseball, Sports

Hurricanes baseball walk-on tryouts to be held Sept. 19

The University of Miami baseball team will be holding walk-on tryouts at 5 p.m. Sept. 19 at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

All currently enrolled, full-time University of Miami students are eligible to participate in tryouts. Interested students must fill out the proper paperwork located in the Ron Fraser Building prior to a mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 in order to partake in the tryouts.

The Ron Fraser Building is located above the first base dugout at Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

The mandatory compliance meeting for tryouts will start at 3 p.m. Sept. 12 in the baseball team meeting room on the second floor of Alex Rodriguez Park at Mark Light Field.

To be qualified for tryouts, paperwork must be filled out in advance and all potential participants must be cleared by the Miami Athletics Compliance Office. Students must attend the mandatory compliance meeting on Sept. 12 to qualify for the walk-on tryouts.

Maxwell Trink

Karin Wilkins, dean of the University of Miami School of Communication, examines the challenges faci ...

The new testing effort, announced Friday by Mayor Carlos A. Gimenez, will use a finger prick to chec ...

A University of Miami scientist is awarded a Pew grant to study coral reef restoration in the Caribb ...

How the choices made by Austrian psychiatrist Viktor Frankl during the Holocaust changed the course ...

A medical specialist with the University of Miami Health System and the Miller School of Medicine ha ...