V's Take

Dealing with temptation

I am currently in a very committed relationship. I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about a year, and things are going fine. But lately, I’ve been hanging out with this guy from my calc class, and I think I’m starting to see him as more than just a friend. I think he feels the same way too, because the other night he was definitely being really flirty. And the worst part is that I was too! I would never cheat on my boyfriend, but I can’t ignore my feelings for this other guy. Please help!!

Dear Reader,

Let me just start off by saying the first thing that came to mind after I read your question: “Yikes.” I think that’s a good way to sum up your conundrum. But after some further thought, I think I have a pretty good answer for you. Or rather, a question that will hopefully lead you to an answer: Is your relationship really “fine?”

Because it kinda seems like maybe it’s not. It seems like there might be something missing. Maybe your boyfriend isn’t giving you what you want in bed. Or maybe he’s great in bed but really terrible at texting you back. Whether it’s physical or emotional, you need to ask yourself what this new guy has that your boyfriend doesn’t. There’s gotta be something— otherwise, you wouldn’t be so enticed.

Once you figure that out, you should have an honest conversation with your boyfriend to find out if communication can fill the void. If it can, then voilà! Relationship saved. If not, it might be time to move on.

Best of Luck,

V'S Take

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...