Culture, Fashion

Internship look book: Stylish outfits for the office

It is already March, which means that summer internship season is quickly approaching. Whether you’re still trying to secure the perfect internship or already planning for the first day, I find that one of the most difficult things about starting a new job is the dress code. What is business professional versus business casual, and how do you achieve those without completely trashing your personal style?

While the answer to these questions greatly depends on the atmosphere you will be working in, there are some surefire ways to make fashion meet business. That’s why I have created this look book—as a guide to letting your style shine through no matter the situation.

Sporty.png

Collage made with Canva. Photo credit: Jordan Lewis

Edgy.png

sporty.jpg

Dramatic.png

Girly.png

Be sure to check out your company’s dress code and tweak these looks to fit your needs. Most of all, remember that your employer did, or will, hire you. So, don’t let your style get lost in the crowd.

Jordan Lewis

Instead of in-person celebrations at Hard Rock Stadium, President Julio Frenk announced that the University of Miami will hold its four observances online because of updated COVID-19 data. ...

The newly chartered Peruvian Students Association seeks to expand its impact and influence beyond campus, supporting protests against education cutbacks in the South American country and connecting students across the United States to their Andean roots. ...

Leyna Stemle found that by attaching green LED lights to fishing nets in Ghana, the illumination was able to divert most of the reptiles from becoming entangled and hurt. ...

As the world observes the 32nd annual World AIDS Day, a University of Miami team is shining a bright light on a neighborhood initiative to curtail the epidemic. ...

With the acquisition of the new instrument and an accompanying nanoindenter, studies at the College of Engineering are entering a new and advanced era of materials characterization. ...