Edge, Fashion

Internship look book: Stylish outfits for the office

It is already March, which means that summer internship season is quickly approaching. Whether you’re still trying to secure the perfect internship or already planning for the first day, I find that one of the most difficult things about starting a new job is the dress code. What is business professional versus business casual, and how do you achieve those without completely trashing your personal style?

While the answer to these questions greatly depends on the atmosphere you will be working in, there are some surefire ways to make fashion meet business. That’s why I have created this look book—as a guide to letting your style shine through no matter the situation.

Sporty.png

Collage made with Canva. Photo credit: Jordan Lewis

Edgy.png

sporty.jpg

Dramatic.png

Girly.png

Be sure to check out your company’s dress code and tweak these looks to fit your needs. Most of all, remember that your employer did, or will, hire you. So, don’t let your style get lost in the crowd.

Jordan Lewis

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

The Liaison Committee on Medical Education approved plans developed by the Miller School of Medicine ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Muslim Students of the University of Miami will hold a prayer service at 12:45 p.m. Friday at the La ...

The theme of the 48th annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

Make no mistake about it – the college paths of this dynamic Miami offensive duo are as stark in con ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg captured the first NCAA postseason recognition o ...

It is hard not to think of Miami's Amy Deem when you think of trail blazers in the track and f ...

Friday will be the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Game, while Saturday is Bark in the Park. ...