V's Take

Spring break conundrum

I’m going to Cancun for spring break with three of my closest friends, all of whom are single. They keep talking about all the hot guys they’re going to hook up with while we’re away, which is fine except for the fact that I’m in a relationship. I don’t care what they do, but I also don’t want to be left out of all the fun and forced to sit by myself while they flirt the night away. What should I do?

Dear Reader,

Let me just start by saying that situation really sucks. On one hand, you want your friends to have fun, but on the other hand, you don’t want to be left out of the flirt (or f**k) fest. If you ask your friends to make this a girl’s-only trip, you might come across as demanding and, well, a little b*tchy. They probably don’t want to take orders from you. After all, not everyone is in a loving relationship – some of us have to resort to randos in Mexico (or whatever bar we happen to be in) when we’re horny.

So, my advice is to avoid ordering your friends to wear chastity belts. Instead, have a conversation about your expectations and casually (but assertively) address your concerns. Let them know that they are free to hook up with whoever they want (with consent of course), but that you don’t want them to forget about you. If they’re good friends, they should understand.

And be prepared to compromise. Let them end up on “Girls Gone Wild” if they want to, but maybe ask them to limit their thirsty endeavors to only a few nights of the week.

Wishing you the best,

V'S Take

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

The Liaison Committee on Medical Education approved plans developed by the Miller School of Medicine ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

Muslim Students of the University of Miami will hold a prayer service at 12:45 p.m. Friday at the La ...

The theme of the 48th annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

Make no mistake about it – the college paths of this dynamic Miami offensive duo are as stark in con ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg captured the first NCAA postseason recognition o ...

It is hard not to think of Miami's Amy Deem when you think of trail blazers in the track and f ...

Friday will be the Breast Cancer Awareness Pink Game, while Saturday is Bark in the Park. ...