Edge, Music

Ultra Music Festival relocates, brings bigger and better lineup

Last September, the City of Miami Commission voted against allowing Ultra Music Festival to return to its longtime home in Bayfront Park, a decision that shocked Miami’s large Electronic Dance Music fanbase. Well, I said it last semester, and I’ll say it again: Ultra isn’t really going anywhere.

The festival has found a new home in the historic Virginia Key, where it will host its highly-anticipated 21st edition. The Ultra organizers recently released phase two of the festival’s 2019 lineup. The headliners include Armin van Buuren, The Chainsmokers and NGHTMRE + SLANDER present: Gud Vibrations. Adam Beyer, Black Coffee, Dog Blood and many other talented performers will also take the stage.

2019_Miami_Billing_PH2_08.jpg

Photo credit: Courtesy of Andrea Calderon

This year’s festival will take place March 29-31. Tickets are still available at ultramusicfestival.com/tickets/miami but are going quickly, with the only options remaining being Tier 5 and VIP (for those who are 21+).

I know music festivals can be be stressful and and very expensive. So, if you’re still on the fence about investing in the the world-renowned experience that is Ultra, here are the basics you need to know.

IF YOU GO:

What: Ultra Music Festival

When: March 29-31

Where: Historic Virginia Key Beach Park and Miami Marine Stadium Flex Park

How: Tier 5 and VIP tickets are still on sale at ultramusicfestival.com/tickets/miami. This year, for the first time, tickets will be loaded onto a non-removable, non-transferable wristband.

What to bring: A fanny pack, your ID, extra cash and a portable charger are always good ideas for any festival.

What not to bring: Ultra prohibits large backpacks and purses, outside food and beverages, and other obvious items such as illegal drugs and weapons.

How to get there: In an effort to reduce the local impact of carbon emissions and traffic, Ultra will be providing transportation from various locations in the Greater Miami Area, and there will also be limited tickets available for ferry transportation. As usual, rideshare services such as Lyft and Uber are also good options. Find more information here.

Jordan Lewis

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Behavioral scientists establish a new mental health research center at the University of Miami to ha ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...