V's Take

Dealing with Valentine’s Day aftermath

Midterm season is upon us and I have literally never been hornier. My stress levels are bouncing off the walls with two tests and a paper due this week. As you may have guessed, I have never wanted to release these hormones from my body more than I want to right now. Admit it–– you all know the feeling.

To make things worse, my back-to-back Valentine’s Day dates with two different Hecht residents did not go as planned. They left me hungry for more. A lot more.

Guy number one—let’s call him *insert eggplant emoji*— had a very large…heart. His passion wasn’t the only thing that grew that night in the back of his late model T-ford in a Publix parking lot. It was fascinating, sitting back and just watching all of that… grocery shopping.

Now guy number two––he’ll just go by Brian––went down another path. He took me out on a date, bought me chocolates and even wrote me a love poem. For once, I felt like this man had the potential to become someone meaningful in my life. Then everything went downhill when he said he was actually in love with me. But lucky for me, I have attachment problems and will never catch feelings for a guy who is actually nice to me!

I want more than anything to call *eggplant emoji* and ask him if he wants to Ram––as in the Ford––me into the sunset. I also want to ask Brian if he actually meant what he said. But these were just one-day flings. Maybe I can hit them up for tutoring at least? I do need help with my anatomy exam…

V'S Take

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...