Culture, Music

Fuego Music Festival heats up Wynwood

This Saturday, Feb. 23rd and Sunday, Feb. 24th at 6 p.m., Mana Wynwood will be hosting Fuego— Miami’s first two-day Latin music festival.

Latin Grammy-nominated Mau y Ricky and Manuel Turizo are headlining what promoters hope will become ‘the Latin Ultra.’ Other performers include Alex Sensation, Jetlag, El Micha, Feid, Gustavo Elis as well as DJ sets by Smiley, IOP and more.

https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_56790453_284953269234_1_original.jpg

Photo credit: eventbrite.com

The festival— the first of its kind along the East coast— will incorporate live art, authentic Miami eats and drinks from favorite vendors and brands, as well as celebrity meet-and-greets to pay homage to local Latin culture.

Tickets are still on sale here, starting at $35 for a single day pass, $60 for a two-day general admission pass or $120 for a two-day VIP pass.

Anastasiya Plotnikova

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...