Culture, Music

Beginner’s guide to III Points music festival

This coming weekend, alternative music festival III Points returns to Miami for its sixth year, bringing its most star-studded line up yet. Get ready for three straight days of art and a celebration of the diversity that Miami has come to represent.

Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed or maybe haven’t even gotten your ticket yet, don’t worry about it. Believe me, I know music festivals can be a breeding ground for anxiety.

Below is a beginner’s guide to everything you need to know about this year’s III Points festival.

When: Friday, Feb. 15 – Sunday, Feb. 17 with performances from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day

Where: Mana Wynwood Convention Center

2217 NW. Fifth Ave., Miami, FL 33127

Who: This year’s lineup includes A-listers such as A$AP Rocky, SZA and James Blake, as well as smaller artists for every music taste. Click here for a full list of performers.

unnamed.png

Photo credit: Courtesy of Woody Graber

Tickets: Prices range from $80 for a single day to $375 for the whole weekend plus VIP. Go to iiipoints.com to decide which option is best for you.

What to bring: Pack your ID, rain gear (because the festival happens rain or shine), extra cash (to purchase food and drinks from the on-site vendors) and a portable charger (so you can have enough battery to record to your heart’s content). These are all must-haves for any music festival.

Still have more questions? Visit III Points’ FAQ page for more information.

Jordan Lewis

During a virtual panel discussion hosted by the University of Washington, President Julio Frenk discussed global responses to the pandemic—and what is needed to move forward. ...

Members of the Homecoming Executive Committee share how they pivoted this year to plan a ’Canes Spirit Week that continues to generate excitement and honor tradition. ...

One of the University’s largest student-run organizations didn’t miss a beat when moving its dance lessons online. ...

Tau Sigma National Honor Society and the Department of Orientation and Commuter Student Involvement host a week of interactive events honoring transfer students Oct. 19-25. ...

A graduate of the highly selective Applied Behavior Analysis program, Fajer Almenaie is changing the landscape for children on the autism spectrum in the Middle East. ...