Edge, Music

Beginner’s guide to III Points music festival

This coming weekend, alternative music festival III Points returns to Miami for its sixth year, bringing its most star-studded line up yet. Get ready for three straight days of art and a celebration of the diversity that Miami has come to represent.

Whether you’re feeling overwhelmed or maybe haven’t even gotten your ticket yet, don’t worry about it. Believe me, I know music festivals can be a breeding ground for anxiety.

Below is a beginner’s guide to everything you need to know about this year’s III Points festival.

When: Friday, Feb. 15 – Sunday, Feb. 17 with performances from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. each day

Where: Mana Wynwood Convention Center

2217 NW. Fifth Ave., Miami, FL 33127

Who: This year’s lineup includes A-listers such as A$AP Rocky, SZA and James Blake, as well as smaller artists for every music taste. Click here for a full list of performers.

unnamed.png

Photo credit: Courtesy of Woody Graber

Tickets: Prices range from $80 for a single day to $375 for the whole weekend plus VIP. Go to iiipoints.com to decide which option is best for you.

What to bring: Pack your ID, rain gear (because the festival happens rain or shine), extra cash (to purchase food and drinks from the on-site vendors) and a portable charger (so you can have enough battery to record to your heart’s content). These are all must-haves for any music festival.

Still have more questions? Visit III Points’ FAQ page for more information.

Jordan Lewis

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Patricia “Trish” White, dean of the School of Law, is stepping down at the end of the academic year. ...

At the annual Hug the Lake, sustainability manager Teddy Lhoutellier was honored for improving the e ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...

The Hurricanes will open an eight-game homestand with a midweek matchup against crosstown FIU on Wed ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...

The University of Miami Sports Hall of Fame announced that Trajan Bandy is the 26th recipient of the ...