Edge, Fashion

Seeing red: Valentine’s Day looks for every lady

Whether you’re spending it with your best friends, a new fling, or your long-term significant other, Valentine’s Day is the one holiday when looking your best is a must. But, of course, finding the perfect outfit is easier said than done. So, we took the guesswork out of it, creating four looks that are guaranteed to turn heads and send your confidence through the roof.

Galentine’s Day slay

1.png

Collage made with Canva. Photo credit: Jordan Lewis

The best thing about spending time with your gal pals? Comfort. Whether you and your girl gang are going to dinner, the Miami-Dade County fair or staying in for homemade drinks and a movie, this is your time to be as casual or as formal as you want. If you’re usually more on the sporty side, try elevating your look by pairing this modern take on a sweatsuit with a pair of sleek, studded heels. If you’re usually more feminine, try being a bit edgy by pairing a pair of bright red culottes and a one-shoulder crop top with an unexpected pair of sneakers.

Date night classic

2.png

So, you’re one of the girls lucky enough to have a beau. While this time of year sometimes brings feelings of stress and loneliness to the single ladies, the only thing you have to worry about is what to wear on your perfect date. Look like a princess in a pink or red dress, simple heels and of course, a matching heart-shaped bag. You’ll look and feel fantastic, and your date (whether a new fling, old flame, guy, gal or nonbinary pal) won’t be able to stop staring.

All about you

3.png

Who says Valentine’s Day has to be about anyone but you? Get dressed up, treat yourself to a nice dinner and fall in love with yourself all over again. Not sure what to wear? A pantsuit is the perfect way to remind yourself who you are— the one in charge. Take a walk on the wild side by sporting an all-cheetah-print outfit paired with black pumps and a classic black clutch. If that’s not quite your style, channel your inner Barbie by dressing in pink from head to toe, and keeping it glam by accessorizing with silver, jeweled accessories.

Leave him on red

4.png

Fresh out of a relationship? One word: leather. Skip the post-breakup tears and opt to look your best in a lacey red bodysuit paired with skin-tight leather pants and silver accessories. Or, you could choose a leather mini dress paired with barely-there heels to boost your confidence and say “thank u, next” to the unlucky guy or girl who broke your heart.

Jordan Lewis

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...