Edge, Fashion

Seeing red: Valentine’s Day looks for every lady

Whether you’re spending it with your best friends, a new fling, or your long-term significant other, Valentine’s Day is the one holiday when looking your best is a must. But, of course, finding the perfect outfit is easier said than done. So, we took the guesswork out of it, creating four looks that are guaranteed to turn heads and send your confidence through the roof.

Galentine’s Day slay

1.png

Collage made with Canva. Photo credit: Jordan Lewis

The best thing about spending time with your gal pals? Comfort. Whether you and your girl gang are going to dinner, the Miami-Dade County fair or staying in for homemade drinks and a movie, this is your time to be as casual or as formal as you want. If you’re usually more on the sporty side, try elevating your look by pairing this modern take on a sweatsuit with a pair of sleek, studded heels. If you’re usually more feminine, try being a bit edgy by pairing a pair of bright red culottes and a one-shoulder crop top with an unexpected pair of sneakers.

Date night classic

2.png

So, you’re one of the girls lucky enough to have a beau. While this time of year sometimes brings feelings of stress and loneliness to the single ladies, the only thing you have to worry about is what to wear on your perfect date. Look like a princess in a pink or red dress, simple heels and of course, a matching heart-shaped bag. You’ll look and feel fantastic, and your date (whether a new fling, old flame, guy, gal or nonbinary pal) won’t be able to stop staring.

All about you

3.png

Who says Valentine’s Day has to be about anyone but you? Get dressed up, treat yourself to a nice dinner and fall in love with yourself all over again. Not sure what to wear? A pantsuit is the perfect way to remind yourself who you are— the one in charge. Take a walk on the wild side by sporting an all-cheetah-print outfit paired with black pumps and a classic black clutch. If that’s not quite your style, channel your inner Barbie by dressing in pink from head to toe, and keeping it glam by accessorizing with silver, jeweled accessories.

Leave him on red

4.png

Fresh out of a relationship? One word: leather. Skip the post-breakup tears and opt to look your best in a lacey red bodysuit paired with skin-tight leather pants and silver accessories. Or, you could choose a leather mini dress paired with barely-there heels to boost your confidence and say “thank u, next” to the unlucky guy or girl who broke your heart.

Jordan Lewis

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big matc ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

The Class of 2023 Stamps Scholars begin their first year at the University of Miami. ...

UM women's soccer blows past UTRGV, 4-0. ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...

Blake James details how Miami and Florida agreed to renew their rivalry with an upcoming home-and-ho ...

adidas x Miami announce continued collaboration with Parley for the Oceans ...