Community, Edge, Music

Diplo, DJ Diesel Headline Life In Color Miami

EDM fans flocked to Wynwood Saturday, Jan. 19 to attend the 12th edition of Life in Color Miami, held at the Royal Crown Cola Plant.

This year’s headliners included Diplo, What So Not, and DJ Diesel (aka NBA veteran Shaquille O’Neal).

LIC-Miami-Family-Photo.png

Performer DJ Diesel takes a "family photo" with festival attendees and friend Brian Bayati during his Life in Color set. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

“The girls in front of me kept saying they only wanted to see Diplo,” said University of Miami freshman Monica Arango.

They got their wish around 10:45 p.m. Diplo was the last performer of the night, ending the day with hits of his own, such as his hit collaboration with Silk City and Dua Lipa, “Electricity,” and other popular radio hits such as Sheck Wes’ “Mo Bamba.”

The event was sponsored by energy drink company “Bang” and ran from 5 p.m. until midnight, with performers and attendees alike drenching themselves in blue, orange, pink, purple and yellow paint, living up to the advertiser’s promise of “The World’s Largest Paint Party.”

3W0A0778-4.jpg

Life in Color Miami attendees get blasted with paint during What So Not's 9:45 P.M. performance. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

“I love spending time with my friends,” said UM student Jessica Ripes. She explained that though getting to the event with her friends was stressful, it all paid off.

The paint party also featured an array of food trucks from french fries to cultural masterpieces.

3W0A0132-4.jpg

DJ Diesel helps get the paint party started during his Life in Color set on Saturday, Jan. 19. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

One of the vendors present was Tumbao Buns, a food truck known for its blends of latin and asian cuisines.

“Normally, it’s Wynwood Marketplace for us on weekends,” said twenty-three year old cashier Andrea Mosqueda. The truck made its move this weekend to 550 Northwest 24th St. for a bigger crowd.

The event is expected to return to Miami in 2020 for its 13th edition.

Tyler Walsh

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...