Community, Edge, Music

Diplo, DJ Diesel Headline Life In Color Miami

EDM fans flocked to Wynwood Saturday, Jan. 19 to attend the 12th edition of Life in Color Miami, held at the Royal Crown Cola Plant.

This year’s headliners included Diplo, What So Not, and DJ Diesel (aka NBA veteran Shaquille O’Neal).

LIC-Miami-Family-Photo.png

Performer DJ Diesel takes a "family photo" with festival attendees and friend Brian Bayati during his Life in Color set. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

“The girls in front of me kept saying they only wanted to see Diplo,” said University of Miami freshman Monica Arango.

They got their wish around 10:45 p.m. Diplo was the last performer of the night, ending the day with hits of his own, such as his hit collaboration with Silk City and Dua Lipa, “Electricity,” and other popular radio hits such as Sheck Wes’ “Mo Bamba.”

The event was sponsored by energy drink company “Bang” and ran from 5 p.m. until midnight, with performers and attendees alike drenching themselves in blue, orange, pink, purple and yellow paint, living up to the advertiser’s promise of “The World’s Largest Paint Party.”

3W0A0778-4.jpg

Life in Color Miami attendees get blasted with paint during What So Not's 9:45 P.M. performance. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

“I love spending time with my friends,” said UM student Jessica Ripes. She explained that though getting to the event with her friends was stressful, it all paid off.

The paint party also featured an array of food trucks from french fries to cultural masterpieces.

3W0A0132-4.jpg

DJ Diesel helps get the paint party started during his Life in Color set on Saturday, Jan. 19. Photo credit: ADINAYEV

One of the vendors present was Tumbao Buns, a food truck known for its blends of latin and asian cuisines.

“Normally, it’s Wynwood Marketplace for us on weekends,” said twenty-three year old cashier Andrea Mosqueda. The truck made its move this weekend to 550 Northwest 24th St. for a bigger crowd.

The event is expected to return to Miami in 2020 for its 13th edition.

Tyler Walsh

As vaping becomes more prevalent among the nation’s youth, the University of Miami is working to ste ...

Two Category 5 storms and an unusual number of weak and short-lived storms characterize a season tha ...

Days ahead of Veterans Day, ’Canes across campus worked together to build care packages for deployed ...

Walter Mercado, who died Nov.2, will be buried in his native Puerto Rico on Friday after two days of ...

The new facility will be modeled after the Lennar Foundation Medical Center at the Coral Gables camp ...

The Hurricanes gave their seniors one more memorable game at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday. What can Mi ...

The Miami women's basketball team tipped off the 2019-20 campaign with a win on Sunday, defeati ...

Miami volleyball took down second-place Notre Dame in five sets on Sunday, marking its 10th win of t ...

The Miami men's basketball team will play its first road game of the season Tuesday night at 9 ...

His six scoring tosses Saturday against Louisville set a school record. And Jarren Williams is deter ...