Edge, Fashion

Art Basel Style Guide: look your best this weekend

Since in 1970, Miami has been home to Art Basel—a weekend of immersive art shows that take place all over the 305, from the shores of South Beach to the graffiti walls of Wynwood. Celebrities, public figures, and tourists alike travel from all over the world to attend what is considered the most important contemporary art fair in the U.S., bringing their iconic styles along with them.

This year, the fair runs Thursday, Dec. 6 through Sunday, Dec. 9. Want to attend but have nothing to wear? Look no further than your own closet. Pair the old with the new to create the ultimate look, and definitely don’t forget to accessorize. Whether you’re looking to blend in with celebrities or stand out among the crowd, The Hurricane’s got you covered.

DowntoEarth.JPG

Collage made with InDesign. Photo credit: Natalie Abatemarco

Winter.JPG

prints.JPG

western.JPG

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 4.09.47 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-02 at 4.08.46 PM.png

Natalie Abatemarco

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Canes find themselves in the mix for a couple o ...

It was May 2015, and the Miami Herald was reporting for a feature on high school football players ab ...

Deidrick Stanley had his eye on the Miami Hurricanes long before his hometown school finally offered ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ UM has only two Rivals.com five-star recruits on the ...

Even five months ago, it would’ve been hard to picture Jaylan Knighton winding up with the Miami Hur ...

The 2019 NFL draft begins tonight from Nashville, Tennessee, and continues through Saturday with sev ...

The final concrete slabs for the 25 interconnected buildings of the newly named Lakeside Village are ...

A former UM professor started a company dedicated to publishing books on African-American culture, h ...

A group of School of Architecture students visited the Caribbean nation to learn about the historic ...

Faculty with the Miller School of Medicine and Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science w ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team won ACC Player of the Year for the seco ...

Sophomore Adria Soriano Barrera earned second team accolades for the second straight season, while f ...

Miami and adidas today unveiled the first-ever baseball jerseys made from Parley Ocean Plastic. ...

Michael Amditis tied a career-high with three hits and a homer to help the #24 Canes sweep FIU. ...

Miami earns sixth seed in Cle Elum Regional, hosted by the University of Washington. ...