Edge, Music

Denzel Curry returns to Miami for wrestling-themed homecoming show

Rapper Denzel Curry will return to his home city for Zeltron v. Zombies, a highly anticipated show presented by Red Bull Music.

On Nov. 16, Curry will join Brooklyn hip-hop group Flatbush Zombies in what they’ve described as a “soundclash/martial arts inspired rap blowout.” The wrestling-themed show will see both acts exchanging songs in rap battle style.

The rapper, who hails from Carol City, has been a notable figure in Miami’s underground rap scene for years, releasing his first mixtape, titled “King Remembered Underground Tape 1991–1995,” while being a part of fellow underground Florida rapper SpaceGhostPurpp’s collective, Raider Klan. He achieved acclaim with his 2016 song “Ultimate” and has been achieving commercial and critical success with his current album “TA13OO,” which was released in July.

The only show Curry will be doing in Miami this year, the live show will take place inside a custom-built wrestling ring which will act as the stage. There will be an opening act of professional wrestlers followed by five rounds of Curry and the Zombies trading songs in their “fight.” It will be hosted by ESPN and Hot 97’s WWE commentator and panelist, Peter Rosenberg.

The show will be at the Magic City Innovation District, located at 6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL 33138. Tickets prices range from $10-$15 and are still on sale at redbull.squadup.com. For those unable to attend, Red Bull will be live-streaming the event on their music channels. Doors open at 9 p.m, and the event is 18+.

If you go:

What: Red Bull Music presents: Zeltron v Zombies

When: 9 p.m., Nov. 16

Where: Magic City Innovation District

6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL

Price: Tickets starting at $10, available at redbull.squadup.com.

Kay-Ann Henry

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...