Edge, Music

Denzel Curry returns to Miami for wrestling-themed homecoming show

Rapper Denzel Curry will return to his home city for Zeltron v. Zombies, a highly anticipated show presented by Red Bull Music.

On Nov. 16, Curry will join Brooklyn hip-hop group Flatbush Zombies in what they’ve described as a “soundclash/martial arts inspired rap blowout.” The wrestling-themed show will see both acts exchanging songs in rap battle style.

The rapper, who hails from Carol City, has been a notable figure in Miami’s underground rap scene for years, releasing his first mixtape, titled “King Remembered Underground Tape 1991–1995,” while being a part of fellow underground Florida rapper SpaceGhostPurpp’s collective, Raider Klan. He achieved acclaim with his 2016 song “Ultimate” and has been achieving commercial and critical success with his current album “TA13OO,” which was released in July.

The only show Curry will be doing in Miami this year, the live show will take place inside a custom-built wrestling ring which will act as the stage. There will be an opening act of professional wrestlers followed by five rounds of Curry and the Zombies trading songs in their “fight.” It will be hosted by ESPN and Hot 97’s WWE commentator and panelist, Peter Rosenberg.

The show will be at the Magic City Innovation District, located at 6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL 33138. Tickets prices range from $10-$15 and are still on sale at redbull.squadup.com. For those unable to attend, Red Bull will be live-streaming the event on their music channels. Doors open at 9 p.m, and the event is 18+.

If you go:

What: Red Bull Music presents: Zeltron v Zombies

When: 9 p.m., Nov. 16

Where: Magic City Innovation District

6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL

Price: Tickets starting at $10, available at redbull.squadup.com.

Kay-Ann Henry

A University of Miami College of Engineering researcher is trying to perfect a technique of using lu ...

Through an internship with M. Shanken Communications, rising senior Teddy Willson has contributed to ...

University of Miami alumna Vanessa Garcia recounts her personal journey writing for the highly accla ...

University of Miami religious studies professor Catherine Newell weighs in on some of the big questi ...

NASA wants to return humans to the moon by 2024. A University of Miami engineering graduate is part ...

Two Miami Hurricanes were among those players selected to the preseason watch list for the 25th annu ...

ESPN Events announced Thursday afternoon the bracket for the 2019 Charleston Classic, set to take pl ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday its 2018-19 academic honor roll and 177 University o ...

The ACC Network is set to launch August 22. If your television provider hasn't yet decided to c ...

Claudia De Antonio, Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova were each selected as WGCA All-American Sc ...