Edge, Music

Denzel Curry returns to Miami for wrestling-themed homecoming show

Rapper Denzel Curry will return to his home city for Zeltron v. Zombies, a highly anticipated show presented by Red Bull Music.

On Nov. 16, Curry will join Brooklyn hip-hop group Flatbush Zombies in what they’ve described as a “soundclash/martial arts inspired rap blowout.” The wrestling-themed show will see both acts exchanging songs in rap battle style.

The rapper, who hails from Carol City, has been a notable figure in Miami’s underground rap scene for years, releasing his first mixtape, titled “King Remembered Underground Tape 1991–1995,” while being a part of fellow underground Florida rapper SpaceGhostPurpp’s collective, Raider Klan. He achieved acclaim with his 2016 song “Ultimate” and has been achieving commercial and critical success with his current album “TA13OO,” which was released in July.

The only show Curry will be doing in Miami this year, the live show will take place inside a custom-built wrestling ring which will act as the stage. There will be an opening act of professional wrestlers followed by five rounds of Curry and the Zombies trading songs in their “fight.” It will be hosted by ESPN and Hot 97’s WWE commentator and panelist, Peter Rosenberg.

The show will be at the Magic City Innovation District, located at 6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL 33138. Tickets prices range from $10-$15 and are still on sale at redbull.squadup.com. For those unable to attend, Red Bull will be live-streaming the event on their music channels. Doors open at 9 p.m, and the event is 18+.

If you go:

What: Red Bull Music presents: Zeltron v Zombies

When: 9 p.m., Nov. 16

Where: Magic City Innovation District

6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL

Price: Tickets starting at $10, available at redbull.squadup.com.

Kay-Ann Henry

Two-time Wimbledon champion Petra Kvitova of the Czech Republic has been through more trauma in the ...

The words “Sweet 16” may never have been uttered as the Miami Hurricanes were laying out their prese ...

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team will play fifth-seeded Arizona State in a top-2 ...

The Hurricanes made a ninth inning rally, but came up just short to No. 5 NC State, 7-6. ...

Kevin Arreaga of the University of Miami track and field team won the men's hammer throw on Sat ...

The Hurricanes received two key signatures from transfers in December's early signing period. ...

The Hurricanes travel to Chapel Hill, N.C., to battle the 11th-ranked Tar Heels. ...