Edge, Music

Denzel Curry returns to Miami for wrestling-themed homecoming show

Rapper Denzel Curry will return to his home city for Zeltron v. Zombies, a highly anticipated show presented by Red Bull Music.

On Nov. 16, Curry will join Brooklyn hip-hop group Flatbush Zombies in what they’ve described as a “soundclash/martial arts inspired rap blowout.” The wrestling-themed show will see both acts exchanging songs in rap battle style.

The rapper, who hails from Carol City, has been a notable figure in Miami’s underground rap scene for years, releasing his first mixtape, titled “King Remembered Underground Tape 1991–1995,” while being a part of fellow underground Florida rapper SpaceGhostPurpp’s collective, Raider Klan. He achieved acclaim with his 2016 song “Ultimate” and has been achieving commercial and critical success with his current album “TA13OO,” which was released in July.

The only show Curry will be doing in Miami this year, the live show will take place inside a custom-built wrestling ring which will act as the stage. There will be an opening act of professional wrestlers followed by five rounds of Curry and the Zombies trading songs in their “fight.” It will be hosted by ESPN and Hot 97’s WWE commentator and panelist, Peter Rosenberg.

The show will be at the Magic City Innovation District, located at 6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL 33138. Tickets prices range from $10-$15 and are still on sale at redbull.squadup.com. For those unable to attend, Red Bull will be live-streaming the event on their music channels. Doors open at 9 p.m, and the event is 18+.

If you go:

What: Red Bull Music presents: Zeltron v Zombies

When: 9 p.m., Nov. 16

Where: Magic City Innovation District

6301 NE 4th Ave, Miami, FL

Price: Tickets starting at $10, available at redbull.squadup.com.

Kay-Ann Henry

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...