Community, Edge, Music, Television

MTV to host “Election Afterparty,” celebrate young voters in Miami

MTV, the entertainment network behind reality shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom, is getting political. On Tuesday, Nov. 6, the network is hosting an “Election Afterparty” in Miami, marking the end of their fist ever midterm election campaign “+1 the Vote.”

+1 the Vote has been working for months to encourage young people—no matter their political affiliation—to use take their voices to the polls and encourage their friends to do the same.

The “Afterparty” will be hosted at Miami-Dade College but is open to anyone 18 and older. Its purpose? To celebrate young people getting involved and determined to spark change.

The completely free event kicks off at as Florida polls close with hosts Charlamagne tha God and Liza Koshy, performances from Fat Joe, Lauren Jauregui, PRETTYMUCH and DJ Nasty, and special guest appearances by Ashanti, Jazz Jennings and the co-Founders of March for Our Lives.

In addition to performances, guests can expect an evening filled with fun activities, free food (plus drinks and SWAG), and special messages from various celebrities and influencers thanking attendees for voting.

afterparty.png

Photo credit: plus1thevote.com

Tickets are still available at gofobo.com/mtv. So, whether you’ve already cast your vote or will be doing so on Nov. 6 (hopefully one of these apply to you), join MTV, your friends and other young people determined to make a difference in winding down after a particularly stressful election season.

If you go:

What: +1 the Vote Election Afterparty

When: Tuesday, Nov. 6 from 7-10 p.m.

Where: Miami Dade College Kendall Campus

11011 SW 104th St, Miami, FL 33176

Price: Tickets are FREE and still available at gofobo.com/mtv.

Jordan Lewis

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...