MTV to host “Election Afterparty,” celebrate young voters in Miami

Photo credit: plus1thevote.com

MTV, the entertainment network behind reality shows like Jersey Shore and Teen Mom, is getting political. On Tuesday, Nov. 6, the network is hosting an “Election Afterparty” in Miami, marking the end of their fist ever midterm election campaign “+1 the Vote.”

+1 the Vote has been working for months to encourage young people—no matter their political affiliation—to use take their voices to the polls and encourage their friends to do the same.

The “Afterparty” will be hosted at Miami-Dade College but is open to anyone 18 and older. Its purpose? To celebrate young people getting involved and determined to spark change.

The completely free event kicks off at as Florida polls close with hosts Charlamagne tha God and Liza Koshy, performances from Fat Joe, Lauren Jauregui, PRETTYMUCH and DJ Nasty, and special guest appearances by Ashanti, Jazz Jennings and the co-Founders of March for Our Lives.

In addition to performances, guests can expect an evening filled with fun activities, free food (plus drinks and SWAG), and special messages from various celebrities and influencers thanking attendees for voting.

afterparty.png
Photo credit: plus1thevote.com

Tickets are still available at gofobo.com/mtv. So, whether you’ve already cast your vote or will be doing so on Nov. 6 (hopefully one of these apply to you), join MTV, your friends and other young people determined to make a difference in winding down after a particularly stressful election season.

If you go:

What: +1 the Vote Election Afterparty

When: Tuesday, Nov. 6 from 7-10 p.m.

Where: Miami Dade College Kendall Campus

11011 SW 104th St, Miami, FL 33176

Price: Tickets are FREE and still available at gofobo.com/mtv.