Canes ‘ADVENTURE’ back to campus

Fireworks sounded off at 8:30 Friday night as thousands of students, faculty, and alumni gathered around Lake Osceola to watch the show. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

Day 1: Homecoming King and Queen Pageant

_DSC0255.jpg
Homecoming King contestant Agustin Pedro Rodriguez Granda performs his choreographed skit as part of the King and Queen Pageant that took place in the SAC ballroom Monday night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC0120.jpg
Senior Homecoming queen contestant Jess Hamorsky acts for her performance segment which was based on the theme of "Once Upon a Time". Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC0172.jpg
Katerina Quintairos sings as part of her talent segment during the King and Queen pageant Monday night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC0340.jpg
Senior Allison Cawthon performs the song "Drops of Jupiter" for the talent segment at the pageant Monday night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

Day Two: Organized Cheer (O’Cheer)

_DSC0785.jpg
Sebastian the Ibis poses with a group of students before they hit the stage and perform in the O'Cheer competition Tuesday night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

_DSC0882-2.jpg
Members of dance team "KAOS" take to the stage on the UC Patio Tuesday night to perform their choreographed dance as part of Homecoming's "Organized Cheer" competition, Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

_DSC0799-2.jpg
Hundreds of students attended O'Cheer to support their organizations during the competition at the UC Patio. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

_DSC0912.jpg
Spectrum, the University of Miami LGBTQ organization, took part in the O'Cheer competition Tuesday night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

_DSC1049.jpg
Students part of the Greek organizations Alpha Sigma Phi, Chi Omega, and Lamda Chi Alpha participate in O'Cheer Tuesday evening. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

Day Three: Halloween and Spirit Day

P1080887.JPG
Sebastian the Ibis takes part in an archery activity on Wednesday afternoon as many games and free food were offered to students and faculty as they celebrated Homecoming week. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

_DSC1067.jpg
A faculty member dressed as "Boba Fett" from the Star Wars films Wednesday afternoon. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC1096-2.jpg
Professor Ethan Talmadge dressed up in haunting fashion Wednesday afternoon as he stands beside the U statue at The Rock. Prof. Talmadge has taught students all over the world, in countries that include Italy, Japan, Spain, Thailand and Brazil. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
Cameron Tavakoly.JPG
Freshman and staff photographer Cameron Tavakoly dresses up in the Spider-Man costume from the 2002 film. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

Day Four: Homecoming Concert featuring Zedd and Chris Wright

_DSC1496-2.jpg
Current University of Miami student Chris Wright opens the Homecoming Concert with his DJ set Thursday night at the Watsco Center. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC1864-2.jpg
Superstar DJ "Zedd" performs at the Homecoming Concert for UM students at the Watsco Center Thursday night. Zedd is currently one of the top paid DJ's in the world, with hit songs on the radio such as "The Middle" and "Stay." Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

Day Five: Hurricane Howl

_DSC2220.jpg
The Homecoming stage was finished being assembled Friday afternoon in anticipation for the parade that would begin at 6:00PM that night. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

P1090059.JPG
The Association of Commuter Students posed for a photo before they walked the parade Friday night. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

P1090148.JPG
Homecoming King Bobby Shore and Queen Kristine Reynardus stand on top of a float during the parade Friday night. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

P1090303.JPG
Homecoming Prince Abdiel Caballero and Princess Katerina Quintairos wave at the parade goers Friday night. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

P1090307.JPG
Thousands of people gathered around the UC patio before the fireworks Friday night as a band played before and after the show. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly

_DSC2233.JPG
The sound and lighting technicians of the show make their final checks before the fireworks began. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
P1090354.jpg
The University of Miami's annual "Boat Burning" tradition kicked off the fireworks show for Homecoming's Hurricane Howl Friday night that took place on campus. The boat burning is a tradition that is supposed to symbolize whether the Hurricane's will defeat their opponents the following day if the boat sinks into Lake Osceola by the end of the ceremony. Photo credit: Cameron Tavakoly
_DSC2406-2.jpg
_DSC2636-2.jpg
Two firework technicians stand behind a protected wall as they released fireworks from Lake Osceola as thousands of students and alumni surrounded the lake to watch the show. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian
_DSC2753-2.jpg
After the fireworks ended, the University of Miami's colors, green and orange, illuminated the smoke in the sky in front of the Student Shalala Center. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

Day 6: Hurricanes vs Duke @ The Hard Rock Stadium

DSC_3271.jpg
Former Canes baseball standout Jeb Bargfeldt proposes to now financée and former Hurricanes cheer leader Juliana Richard in the rain before the Hurricanes' game against Duke. Photo credit: Matt Bernanke

DSC_3352.jpg
Quarterback N'Kosi Perry (5) hands the ball off to another Hurricane in a play against Duke Saturday night. Photo credit: Matt Bernanke

DSC_3780.jpg
The Hurricanes players collide with the Duke defense in the rain Saturday night. Photo credit: Matt Bernanke

DSC_3830.jpg
Sophomore running back DeeJay Dallas fumbles the football against Duke Nov. 3 at Hard Rock Stadium. Dallas turned the ball over twice in the contest in the Hurricanes’ 20-12 loss against the Blue Devils. Photo credit: Matt Bernanke

IMG_2889.jpg
Senior defensive back Jaquan Johnson (4) stands on the bench with the Turnover Chain Saturday night after forcing a turnover in the game against Duke. Photo credit: Matt Bernanke