V's Take

So you’ve got feelings for a freshman

Someone finally wrote V a letter.

For those of you new to the U, you may not remember that V’s Take actually used to be called Dear V. Instead of me ranting about my personal life, we responded to your letters, pushing the limits of what could be said in a college publication.

It’s been more than two years since someone actually emailed us, but now we can make like Steve from Blue’s Clues and say, “We just got a letter! Wonder who it’s from?”

Hey V,

I am a junior at the University of Miami but I am in love with a freshman. I think he knows that I like him a lot but I’m not sure. I don’t know if he is into me or if he thinks that I’m too old for him. What should I do?

Thanks!

Freshman Feelings

First off, you’re welcome. Second off, it’s been years since I’ve actually responded to a letter, so brace yourself for some questionable advice, Freshman Feelings.

I’m missing a lot of information about your situation, but I’ll give it my best. Do you hang out with the freshman you want to f**k or are you creeping from afar? Is this a gay thing? Why do you think he knows that you like him?

Regardless, age is just a number – and besides, a two year age difference is no big deal. I try to get attention from 40 year old men when I’m lonely, so don’t sweat it.

It’s important to remember that it’s this guy’s first semester at school. As much as you want to hold tie him down (in a kinky or non-kinky way), he is going to want to experience college and make all of those first-year mistakes.

Some people, like myself, want to get wifed up, and maybe he’s one of them. My advice – go for it, or you’ll regret it.

Good luck, and I expect an invitation to the wedding and for that wedding to have an open bar. I will be bringing two plus-ones and will not be bringing a gift.

Do you want to actually write V a letter and continue this tradition? Are you the person who wrote the letter and wish to provide more detail? Are you a freshman who is in love with V? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, email dearv@themiamihurricane.com

V'S Take

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ Hurricanes fans aren’t the only ones exasperated by t ...

If Saturday wasn’t a turning point for N’Kosi Perry, it was maybe the start of one — at least this i ...

The question for Manny Diaz was simple, and the defensive coordinator’s answer was simple, too — sor ...

The University of Miami’s popular turnover chain was spotlighted in a promotional video for February ...

The evidence was glaring. On Monday night, Miami true freshman running back Lorenzo Lingard posted o ...

New student organization’s mission is a movement to return to the ‘roots’ of natural hair. ...

A University of Miami professor discusses the dynamics of this trend. ...

A mobile museum coming to UM this week will showcase relics of the African-American experience. ...

Get set for a whirlwind of information on critical issues facing the planet and how to tell those st ...

Professors and staff from UM are offering students an in-class introduction to gardening and food pr ...

Ebuka Izundu had a career night as the Canes took down Stephen F. Austin, 96-58. ...

The Canes have two games left in the 2018 regular season and they have one goal in mind: finish the ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team will host No. 19 Marquette in a top-25 matchup Thursda ...

Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Amy Deem announced the University of Miami's 2019 tra ...

The Miami women's basketball team moved up one spot to No. 24 nationally in this week's As ...