V's Take

So you’ve got feelings for a freshman

Someone finally wrote V a letter.

For those of you new to the U, you may not remember that V’s Take actually used to be called Dear V. Instead of me ranting about my personal life, we responded to your letters, pushing the limits of what could be said in a college publication.

It’s been more than two years since someone actually emailed us, but now we can make like Steve from Blue’s Clues and say, “We just got a letter! Wonder who it’s from?”

Hey V,

I am a junior at the University of Miami but I am in love with a freshman. I think he knows that I like him a lot but I’m not sure. I don’t know if he is into me or if he thinks that I’m too old for him. What should I do?

Thanks!

Freshman Feelings

First off, you’re welcome. Second off, it’s been years since I’ve actually responded to a letter, so brace yourself for some questionable advice, Freshman Feelings.

I’m missing a lot of information about your situation, but I’ll give it my best. Do you hang out with the freshman you want to f**k or are you creeping from afar? Is this a gay thing? Why do you think he knows that you like him?

Regardless, age is just a number – and besides, a two year age difference is no big deal. I try to get attention from 40 year old men when I’m lonely, so don’t sweat it.

It’s important to remember that it’s this guy’s first semester at school. As much as you want to hold tie him down (in a kinky or non-kinky way), he is going to want to experience college and make all of those first-year mistakes.

Some people, like myself, want to get wifed up, and maybe he’s one of them. My advice – go for it, or you’ll regret it.

Good luck, and I expect an invitation to the wedding and for that wedding to have an open bar. I will be bringing two plus-ones and will not be bringing a gift.

Do you want to actually write V a letter and continue this tradition? Are you the person who wrote the letter and wish to provide more detail? Are you a freshman who is in love with V? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, email dearv@themiamihurricane.com

V'S Take

The mid-major monster nearly mauled the Miami Hurricanes again. But Miami bit back. Miami’s past thr ...

TCU coach Gary Patterson doesn’t like the way college football is trending when it comes to transfer ...

Oklahoma has its Oklahoma Drills. But the fired-up U has its own version of major college football p ...

Day Three of University of Miami football practice media viewing Friday inside the Carol Soffer Indo ...

Three-point defense isn’t enough of a weakness for the Miami Hurricanes to call it a full-fledged Ac ...

The School of Nursing and Health Studies’ global research training program for minority students is ...

The University of Miami community gathered to remember the victims of the deadly New Zealand mosque ...

Culminating "an awesome, institution-wide effort," the Miller School of Medicine is celebr ...

Activist Claudio Rojas was featured in a documentary film, “The Infiltrators,” which is critical of ...

Associate professors William Pestle and Kathleen Sullivan Sealey traveled with students over spring ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opened NCAA Tournament play with a 69-62 triump ...

University of Miami redshirt sophomore Alicia Blagg saved her best for last at the 2019 NCAA Swimmin ...

In a battle between two of the ACC's best pitchers, No. 5 NC State mustered a fifth-inning rall ...

The Hurricanes top Duke, 4-3, to improve to 6-0 in conference action. ...

The Miami track and field team concluded day one of the Power 5 Trailblazer Challenge competing in t ...