Cover, Crime and Safety, News

Man detained in connection with murder of UM student

Update, 3:07 p.m., Oct. 25: Gore has confessed to the murder of Abualfaraj, multiple outlets report.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has arrested a homeless man in connection with the murder of a University of Miami architecture student.

Robert Wayne Gore, 28, is expected to be charged with the murder of Yasser Talal Ibrahim Abualfaraj, who was found dead with with “multiple signs of trauma” Oct. 7 in his off-campus Coral Gables apartment, according to the MDPD.

Police said their investigation led to Gore’s identification and subsequent arrest. Gore was taken into custody in the area of S.W. 200 Street and South Dixie Highway and transported to the MDPD homicide bureau for questioning.

Gore has a history of frequent arrests, with charges ranging from loitering and disorderly conduct to burglary and drug possession.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has not yet responded to The Hurricane’s request for more information.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Rebecca Goddard

The Miami Hurricanes’ 2020 recruiting class continues to grow. Three-star Deerfield Beach wide recei ...

Chaminade-Madonna in Hollywood has produced some distinguished alums, including ESPN (and Miami Hera ...

Columbus was a popular destination for coaches throughout the first full week of May this spring. On ...

With Mark Walton (cut by Cincinnati) and Kendrick Norton (released by Carolina), the Dolphins have n ...

Perhaps no one but Kellen Winslow II knows for sure when his deep dive began from beloved University ...

Former University of Miami student Elio M. Garcia, Jr. and his wife Linda Antonsson discuss their jo ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are using big data to identify affordable housing opportuniti ...

From office furniture to electronics to kitchen items, the University of Miami sells surplus propert ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are studying zebrafish to understand human genetics and ident ...

Behavioral scientists establish a new mental health research center at the University of Miami to ha ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team edged No. 77 Paola Diaz-Delg ...

Redshirt junior Brian Van Belle will take the mound in Miami's ACC Baseball Championship opener ...

The Bowling Green, Ky., native joins the Hurricanes after spending two seasons at Liberty. ...

The quest for a spot at the 2019 NCAA Outdoor Championships begins Thursday for Miami's track a ...

Talking Track is a series that features current members of the Miami track and field program, while ...