Cover, Crime and Safety, News

Man detained in connection with murder of UM student

Update, 3:07 p.m., Oct. 25: Gore has confessed to the murder of Abualfaraj, multiple outlets report.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has arrested a homeless man in connection with the murder of a University of Miami architecture student.

Robert Wayne Gore, 28, is expected to be charged with the murder of Yasser Talal Ibrahim Abualfaraj, who was found dead with with “multiple signs of trauma” Oct. 7 in his off-campus Coral Gables apartment, according to the MDPD.

Police said their investigation led to Gore’s identification and subsequent arrest. Gore was taken into custody in the area of S.W. 200 Street and South Dixie Highway and transported to the MDPD homicide bureau for questioning.

Gore has a history of frequent arrests, with charges ranging from loitering and disorderly conduct to burglary and drug possession.

The Miami-Dade Police Department has not yet responded to The Hurricane’s request for more information.

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Rebecca Goddard

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.