Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Vote like your rights depend on it! (They do!)

Check your voter registration status online to make sure you are eligible to vote:

www.RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov

You can also call 311 (the County all-purpose information line) or 305-499-VOTE for any voter registration problems.

Important: You do not need your voter registration card to vote! As long as the Elections Department records show that you are in the system, all you need is a picture ID! Go to https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/election-day-voting/ for a list of acceptable IDs.

This information is especially important for recently registered voters, because, with the Elections Department so busy at this time, there is a good chance that they will not receive their voter registration card in time to vote. Other people may have just lost or misplaced their cards. But this should not prevent them from voting.

Bonnie Daniels is a member of the Democrats of South Dade Club, and a volunteer for the Democratic Coordinated Campaign, Pinecrest Office, 9479 S. Dixie Hwy. Pinecrest, FL, where she invites people to stop by to learn more.

Letter to the Editor

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

Keith Stone had a bevy of options to pick from when deciding where to spend his final year as a coll ...

University of Miami junior cornerback Trajan Bandy was named ACC Defensive Back of the Week after a ...

Shannon McCarthy and BIIK Kazygurt are set to face off against FC Bayern Munich in the UEFA Champion ...

The Hurricanes got a much-needed conference win Friday night over Virginia. Now Miami looks to build ...

Kristina Fisher registers her 17th career assist to move into second on the program's all-time ...