Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Vote like your rights depend on it! (They do!)

Check your voter registration status online to make sure you are eligible to vote:

www.RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov

You can also call 311 (the County all-purpose information line) or 305-499-VOTE for any voter registration problems.

Important: You do not need your voter registration card to vote! As long as the Elections Department records show that you are in the system, all you need is a picture ID! Go to https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/election-day-voting/ for a list of acceptable IDs.

This information is especially important for recently registered voters, because, with the Elections Department so busy at this time, there is a good chance that they will not receive their voter registration card in time to vote. Other people may have just lost or misplaced their cards. But this should not prevent them from voting.

Bonnie Daniels is a member of the Democrats of South Dade Club, and a volunteer for the Democratic Coordinated Campaign, Pinecrest Office, 9479 S. Dixie Hwy. Pinecrest, FL, where she invites people to stop by to learn more.

Letter to the Editor

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...