Letters to the Editor, Opinion

Vote like your rights depend on it! (They do!)

Check your voter registration status online to make sure you are eligible to vote:

www.RegisterToVoteFlorida.gov

You can also call 311 (the County all-purpose information line) or 305-499-VOTE for any voter registration problems.

Important: You do not need your voter registration card to vote! As long as the Elections Department records show that you are in the system, all you need is a picture ID! Go to https://dos.myflorida.com/elections/for-voters/voting/election-day-voting/ for a list of acceptable IDs.

This information is especially important for recently registered voters, because, with the Elections Department so busy at this time, there is a good chance that they will not receive their voter registration card in time to vote. Other people may have just lost or misplaced their cards. But this should not prevent them from voting.

Bonnie Daniels is a member of the Democrats of South Dade Club, and a volunteer for the Democratic Coordinated Campaign, Pinecrest Office, 9479 S. Dixie Hwy. Pinecrest, FL, where she invites people to stop by to learn more.

Letter to the Editor

New and returning students share some of their expectations for the semester on the first day of cla ...

Nearly 100 University of Miami students participated in Orientation Outreach to assist the staff at ...

Take a look back on new student orientation and browse through a gallery of photos from various even ...

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

Jeff Thomas is eager to get back on the field for the Hurricanes. ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...