Letters to the Editor, Opinion

“We are better than this.”

Dear University of Miami Community,

In light of the racist video shared on social media over the weekend, University of Miami Hillel, CanePAC, and Emet Israel condemn this most recent display of hate. As Jewish Canes, we know all too well the power of hate as the pain from three anti-Semitic incidents over the last six months is still fresh. On behalf of the entire Jewish community at the University of Miami, we are deeply saddened that such incidents keep happening and we stand with Black students. We understand that as Canes we need to be better than this. We are better than this. It is our moral duty as student leaders to ensure that the University of Miami remains a safe and welcoming community for everyone. We believe it is our obligation to uphold a standard that is only welcoming and the least bit exclusive. We need to support those who are targets of prejudice and harassment and continue to build bridges between all students to foster a culture of belonging, understanding, respect, and acceptance.

In Solidarity,

Brandon Jackson – president, UM Hillel

Casey Dresbach – president, UM Hillel

Galia Bernat – president, Emet Israel

Ally Schwart – president, CanePAC

Letter to the Editor

The gallery celebrated Hispanic Heritage Month with a virtual event that paired works of art from it

Felicia Knaul, an international health economist and expert in health systems and social sectors, is

Stephen A. Schwarzman, co-founder of the investment firm Blackstone, shared insights on the economy

Rosenstiel School researcher Katharine Mach, who studies the response and adaptation to changing cli

As the battle to contain wildfires continues, so does the debate as to how much climate change is ex