V's Take

Forget foliage – fall’s baby fever season.

Ah, it’s fall. It’s time for most of the country to snuggle up with a nice cozy blanket, sip some apple cider (with plenty of pumpkin spice-flavored hard liquor) and viciously disfigure pumpkins for the sake of decoration. Or if you’re here in Miami – continue sweating.

Although it may not physically feel like fall, I’m in a fall state of mind. It’s time to settle down and try to find a significant other who will get me high-dollar value holiday presents. I actually just laughed out loud writing that because this is never going to happen.

Anyway, while autumn may be the start of cuffing season, I want to go a step further. I want to have a baby.

You heard me right – it’s baby fever season.

My ovaries are literally screaming for me to reproduce and raise a child, despite the fact that I am 21 years old and often forget to do my homework or that I put Easy Mac in the microwave when I’m drunk.

I can’t be responsible for myself, so why are my raging hormones and bountiful ovaries wanting me to be responsible for another, tiny human. As the prolific R. Kelly once said, “My mind is tellin’ me no, but my body, my body’s tellin’ me yes.”

It’s not even about the Bump and Grind, because I don’t care if I get laid. There’s something about the act of creating and raising a human being that needs me and cares for me that’s just so appealing to me in this moment.

My shrink will probably say it’s because of my abandonment issues or whatever but I don’t care! If I have to scoop something up from the floor of a men’s shower in a freshman residential college and do the deed myself with a turkey baster, I’m fine with it.

It takes what it takes, and it’s more action than I’m getting now.

The idea of raising a human seems great and terrifying, but I really want to do it, despite the fact I cannot take care of myself. Instead of doing my homework, I’m listing baby names and shopping online for cribs and onesies. The child will exclusively be dressed in items bought from Target, by the way.

Do you also have baby fever? Do you want to help V make the baby? Are you the Florida Department of Children and Families and are concerned about the content of this article? If the answer to any of these questions is yes, email dearv@themiamihurricane.com!

V'S Take

The University of Miami womens’ basketball team made sure North Carolina fans didn’t get to celebrat ...

Throughout the four years he spent as a tackle for the Miami Hurricanes, Tyree St. Louis never consi ...

Finally, a marquee home game for the University of Miami men’s basketball team, a game big enough th ...

University of Miami basketball coach Jim Larranaga, awaiting word from the NCAA on the appeal to rei ...

The Hurricanes officially welcomed ballyhooed new quarterback Tate Martell on campus Friday, and he’ ...

The University of Miami brings together leaders in academia, professional practice, and industry to ...

On Dec. 14, 2018 universal health care programs in both the United States and Mexico were dealt sign ...

For the first time in more than 15 years, two of UMTV’s weekly shows were nominated for the Televisi ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

The Miami women's basketball team defeated North Carolina for the fourth consecutive year with ...

Former University of Miami soccer standout Phallon Tullis-Joyce has officially signed a professional ...

The Miami women's basketball team is set to host its first of three consecutive Sunday games th ...

The University of Miami women's swimming and diving team finished off a clean sweep of in-state ...

"We're excited to welcome these coaches to the Miami family," Diaz said. ...