Edge, Music

Ultra to return to Miami despite location concerns

Many have heard the news that the City of Miami Commission voted Sept. 27 against allowing Ultra Music Festival to return to downtown Miami next year.

Well, the rumors are true. Ultra Miami is looking for a new home as will not be returning to Bayfront Park—where it has been held for the past 20 years—in 2019. But, that is not going to stop this legendary weekend of EDM, special guests, friends, fun, and memories from taking place. Right now, Ultra organizers are not sure where it will happen, but they are sure that it will.

In case you are on the fence about investing in the Ultra experience, here is a look back at the 2018 festival, where Ultra Miami celebrated its 20th anniversary:

The lineup featured DJ headliners such Marshmello, The Chainsmokers, Steve Aoki, and DJ snake, with live performances from G Eazy, Azealia Banks, Infected Mushroom and more.

miami-gallery-2018-13.jpg

Photo credit: ultramusicfestival.com

miami-gallery-2018-16.jpg

Photo credit: ultramusicfestival.com

miami-gallery-2018-20.jpg

Photo credit: ultramusicfestival.com

miami-gallery-2018-17.jpg

Photo credit: ultramusicfestival.com

miami-gallery-2018-6.jpg

Photo credit: ultramusicfestival.com

Each year, Ultra puts together an “aftermovie”- a recap of the weekend’s events. To commemorate its 20th year, Ultra put together an extra-special one, released just a few weeks ago on Sept. 24.

The 2018 Official Aftermovie, created by critically-acclaimed filmmaker FINAL KID, is 14 minutes long and meant to immerse viewers in the euphoric, awe-inspiring, “star-studded lineup and breath-taking scenery” that was #ULTRA20. It includes cameos from celebrities Will Smith, Yo Gotti, etc., and even documents the surprise reunion of Swedish House Mafia that unfolded on the Ultra stage after a 5-year hiatus.

Ultra 2019 will take place March 29-31. Tickets are now on sale, with Tiers 1,2, and 3 already sold out. To purchase tickets or find more information, click here.

Be on the lookout for updates regarding next year’s festival from The Hurricane.

Jordan Lewis

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...