Music

WVUM’s playlist of the week

Welcome to the second edition of WVUM Radio’s Playlist of the Week, where you’ll find the perfect ten songs to up your music game.

Alt-J – “In Cold Blood (feat. Pusha T) [Twin Shadow Remix]” from Reduxer (Atlantic)

Hip-hop remix album of Alt-J’s 2017 “Relaxer” features artists such as GoldLink, Danny Brown, Pusha T, Little Simz and more. The album is a treat of musical experimentation that will resonate with Alt-J fans and hip-hop lovers alike.

41TYUiiEglL._SS500.jpg

Hippo Campus – “Bambi” from Bambi (Grand Jury)

The hippocampus is the part of the brain that regulates emotions while Hippo Campus’ latest single is a sly song about trying to please others at the expense of your own mental health.

image002-3.jpg

Yves Tumor – “Noid” from Safe in the Hands of Love (Warp)

Seamlessly stitching together elements of hip-hop, indie rock and UK electronic music, Yves Tumor delivers a deceptively upbeat commentary on police brutality.

download.jpg

Yeaji – “One More” (Self Released)

With a sultry beat and soft crooning that effortlessly switches between Korean and English, Yeaji continues to assert herself as one of house music’s most exciting new artists.

Yaeji.jpg

BADBADNOTGOOD & Little Dragon – “Tried” (Ninja Tune)

The soulfully smooth composition by Canadian band, Badbadnotgood, is perfect for Yukimi Nagano’s jazzy vocals. She somehow manages to sound pleasant even as she sings of not being in control of her emotions.

a0000504901_16-1537978303-640x640.jpg

Boy Pablo – “Losing You” from Soy Pablo (U OK?/777)

Lush indie pop bliss for the hopeless romantic.

51mAbjacicL._SS500.jpg

Foxtrott – “Deliver” from Meditations I-III (One Little Indian)

From the final installment of her three part Meditations series of EPs, Montreal’s Marie-Helene Delorme serves us a warm slice of artisanal synth pop.

a0600737776_10.jpg

Tasha – “Kind of Love” from Alone At Last (Father/Daughter)

Tasha describes her debut album as “songs about the place that one might go when they finally need to be away from whatever it is that might be causing them stress or anxiety or sadness or fear.”

FD078_Cover.jpg

Atmosphere – “Jerome” (Rhymesayers)

Iconic independent hip-hop duo releases two singles to complement their earthy spin on modern rap.

1538425947_663accd7ea723c0fe4fcf0233cd52727.jpg

Joji – “Slow Dancing in the Dark” (88rising)

Japanese singer and producer, Joji, is one of a kind. His highly anticipated songs are melodic and soulful while also incorporating trap, electronic, and R&B.

https_%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F4e80f6db69b69e16924ed12981b59a0a.1000x1000x1.png

To listen to this week’s songs, click here.

WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-run radio station of the University of Miami. To get involved, stop by their music staff meetings Mondays at 6 p.m. in the WVUM office or visit wvum.org/apply.

This week’s playlist by WVUM music directors Jordan Abrams and Peter Melero.

WVUM 90.5 FM

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...