Music

WVUM’s playlist of the week

Welcome to the second edition of WVUM Radio’s Playlist of the Week, where you’ll find the perfect ten songs to up your music game.

Alt-J – “In Cold Blood (feat. Pusha T) [Twin Shadow Remix]” from Reduxer (Atlantic)

Hip-hop remix album of Alt-J’s 2017 “Relaxer” features artists such as GoldLink, Danny Brown, Pusha T, Little Simz and more. The album is a treat of musical experimentation that will resonate with Alt-J fans and hip-hop lovers alike.

41TYUiiEglL._SS500.jpg

Hippo Campus – “Bambi” from Bambi (Grand Jury)

The hippocampus is the part of the brain that regulates emotions while Hippo Campus’ latest single is a sly song about trying to please others at the expense of your own mental health.

image002-3.jpg

Yves Tumor – “Noid” from Safe in the Hands of Love (Warp)

Seamlessly stitching together elements of hip-hop, indie rock and UK electronic music, Yves Tumor delivers a deceptively upbeat commentary on police brutality.

download.jpg

Yeaji – “One More” (Self Released)

With a sultry beat and soft crooning that effortlessly switches between Korean and English, Yeaji continues to assert herself as one of house music’s most exciting new artists.

Yaeji.jpg

BADBADNOTGOOD & Little Dragon – “Tried” (Ninja Tune)

The soulfully smooth composition by Canadian band, Badbadnotgood, is perfect for Yukimi Nagano’s jazzy vocals. She somehow manages to sound pleasant even as she sings of not being in control of her emotions.

a0000504901_16-1537978303-640x640.jpg

Boy Pablo – “Losing You” from Soy Pablo (U OK?/777)

Lush indie pop bliss for the hopeless romantic.

51mAbjacicL._SS500.jpg

Foxtrott – “Deliver” from Meditations I-III (One Little Indian)

From the final installment of her three part Meditations series of EPs, Montreal’s Marie-Helene Delorme serves us a warm slice of artisanal synth pop.

a0600737776_10.jpg

Tasha – “Kind of Love” from Alone At Last (Father/Daughter)

Tasha describes her debut album as “songs about the place that one might go when they finally need to be away from whatever it is that might be causing them stress or anxiety or sadness or fear.”

FD078_Cover.jpg

Atmosphere – “Jerome” (Rhymesayers)

Iconic independent hip-hop duo releases two singles to complement their earthy spin on modern rap.

1538425947_663accd7ea723c0fe4fcf0233cd52727.jpg

Joji – “Slow Dancing in the Dark” (88rising)

Japanese singer and producer, Joji, is one of a kind. His highly anticipated songs are melodic and soulful while also incorporating trap, electronic, and R&B.

https_%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F4e80f6db69b69e16924ed12981b59a0a.1000x1000x1.png

To listen to this week’s songs, click here.

WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-run radio station of the University of Miami. To get involved, stop by their music staff meetings Mondays at 6 p.m. in the WVUM office or visit wvum.org/apply.

This week’s playlist by WVUM music directors Jordan Abrams and Peter Melero.

WVUM 90.5 FM

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday evening: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt has explained his decisi ...

The Miami Hurricanes had traveled half the field to start the second half when coach Mark Richt enco ...

Jeremiah Payton was one of those prospects the Miami Hurricanes coveted from just about the time he ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ secondary continues to get stronger. Miami, which already holds a pair of comm ...

Mark Richt said he’s spending the bye week evaluating everything about Miami’s offense, a process th ...

University of Miami changes program title of Women’s and Gender Studies to Gender and Sexuality Stud ...

Two families with deep ties to Miami—the Millers and Fains— celebrate two endowed faculty chair appo ...

A fabulous team of staff and volunteers labors long and hard, primed with school spirit, behind the ...

The University of Miami remembers alumnus Erik Hauri—the man who discovered water on the moon. ...

Through an innovative program, Miami Law students are empowering local high schoolers to think like ...

University of Miami head coach Gino DiMare released the Hurricanes' 2019 baseball schedule Thur ...

Senior Dew Weber of the University of Miami golf team continued to march towards her professional go ...

The University of Miami soccer team dropped its ACC road match against NC State, 1-0, Thursday night ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will take part in the ITA Southeast Regional Champion ...

The University of Miami women's swimming & diving team returns to competition this weekend, ...