Music

WVUM’s playlist of the week

Welcome to the second edition of WVUM Radio’s Playlist of the Week, where you’ll find the perfect ten songs to up your music game.

Alt-J – “In Cold Blood (feat. Pusha T) [Twin Shadow Remix]” from Reduxer (Atlantic)

Hip-hop remix album of Alt-J’s 2017 “Relaxer” features artists such as GoldLink, Danny Brown, Pusha T, Little Simz and more. The album is a treat of musical experimentation that will resonate with Alt-J fans and hip-hop lovers alike.

41TYUiiEglL._SS500.jpg

Hippo Campus – “Bambi” from Bambi (Grand Jury)

The hippocampus is the part of the brain that regulates emotions while Hippo Campus’ latest single is a sly song about trying to please others at the expense of your own mental health.

image002-3.jpg

Yves Tumor – “Noid” from Safe in the Hands of Love (Warp)

Seamlessly stitching together elements of hip-hop, indie rock and UK electronic music, Yves Tumor delivers a deceptively upbeat commentary on police brutality.

download.jpg

Yeaji – “One More” (Self Released)

With a sultry beat and soft crooning that effortlessly switches between Korean and English, Yeaji continues to assert herself as one of house music’s most exciting new artists.

Yaeji.jpg

BADBADNOTGOOD & Little Dragon – “Tried” (Ninja Tune)

The soulfully smooth composition by Canadian band, Badbadnotgood, is perfect for Yukimi Nagano’s jazzy vocals. She somehow manages to sound pleasant even as she sings of not being in control of her emotions.

a0000504901_16-1537978303-640x640.jpg

Boy Pablo – “Losing You” from Soy Pablo (U OK?/777)

Lush indie pop bliss for the hopeless romantic.

51mAbjacicL._SS500.jpg

Foxtrott – “Deliver” from Meditations I-III (One Little Indian)

From the final installment of her three part Meditations series of EPs, Montreal’s Marie-Helene Delorme serves us a warm slice of artisanal synth pop.

a0600737776_10.jpg

Tasha – “Kind of Love” from Alone At Last (Father/Daughter)

Tasha describes her debut album as “songs about the place that one might go when they finally need to be away from whatever it is that might be causing them stress or anxiety or sadness or fear.”

FD078_Cover.jpg

Atmosphere – “Jerome” (Rhymesayers)

Iconic independent hip-hop duo releases two singles to complement their earthy spin on modern rap.

1538425947_663accd7ea723c0fe4fcf0233cd52727.jpg

Joji – “Slow Dancing in the Dark” (88rising)

Japanese singer and producer, Joji, is one of a kind. His highly anticipated songs are melodic and soulful while also incorporating trap, electronic, and R&B.

https_%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F4e80f6db69b69e16924ed12981b59a0a.1000x1000x1.png

To listen to this week’s songs, click here.

WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-run radio station of the University of Miami. To get involved, stop by their music staff meetings Mondays at 6 p.m. in the WVUM office or visit wvum.org/apply.

This week’s playlist by WVUM music directors Jordan Abrams and Peter Melero.

WVUM 90.5 FM

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Friday: ▪ UM coach Mark Richt hasn’t yet given any indication to the ...

There are few players across Florida whose recruitment has been harder to parse than Derick Hunter’s ...

While University of Miami fans are not exactly thrilled about their Hurricanes going against the Wis ...

There was a time John Dixon looked like he would have his choice of just about any college he wanted ...

Part 2 of a 3-part series Former Marlins president David Samson, now unshackled by any contractual r ...

Following national recognition for its French production of Cinderella, the Frost Opera Theater is d ...

Several UM art students are getting real-world exposure during a highly anticipated – and attended – ...

Over the past several years, more and more students are using UM Libraries as a study place, a meeti ...

A record number of gifts have been collected across UM campuses to benefit children and seniors in t ...

Former Prime Minister of Israel Ehud Barak, who previously served as minister of the interior and mi ...

After a six-day layoff, the No. 25/23 Miami women's basketball team will be back in action Sund ...

Miami head women's tennis coach Paige Yaroshuk-Tews announced Friday the signing of two players ...

University of Miami redshirt senior defensive tackle Gerald Willis III was recognized for his outsta ...

The University of Miami's redshirt senior setter Haley Templeton was named to the 2018 AVCA All ...

Get to Know U is a series that introduces the newest members of the Miami Hurricanes track and field ...