Edge, Music

WVUM’s Playlist of the Week

Welcome to the first edition of WVUM Radio’s Playlist of the Week, with our recommendations for this week’s poppin’ tracks. Find the full Spotify playlist at the end.

Guerilla Toss – “Meteorological” from Twisted Crystal (DFA)

There is no band in today’s indie rock landscape that is more flamboyant, free-wheeling and fun than art punk heroes Guerilla Toss. Slap bass, swirling rhythms and hypnotic vocals converge to form a perfect storm.

guerilla-toss

Masego – “Lady Lady” (EQT Recordings/ Trap House Jazz)

Masego releases his debut album and will be a hit among new era R&B/soul lovers with a Stevie Wonder plus hip hop influence.

lady-lady.jpg

Aphex Twin – “T69 Collapse” from Collapse EP (Warp)

Flawlessly executed experimental techno from the genre’s greatest master.

aphex-twin

Bob Moses – “Back Down” (Domino)

The Vancouver-bred, Los Angeles-based duo is back with an internal and external battle-based album. The electronic duo is Grammy nominated for Best Dance Recording and this album did not disappoint.

bob-moses

Brandon Coleman – “All Around the World” (Brainfeeder)

Brandon Coleman’s debut album on Flying Lotus’s label is successful in delivering a funky soul message with electric lyrics. Coleman puts a soft, jazzy beat behind insane keyboard work.

brandon-coleman

The Babe Rainbow – “Supermoon” from Double Rainbow (30th Century)

The Babe Rainbow, one of the latest bands to come out of Australia’s psychedelic rock renaissance, spread a tasty jam over a warm, crispy song.

the-babe-rainbow

Les Louanges – “Tercel” (Bon Sound)

Sultry upcoming R&B artist releases a funky all-encompassing track in FRENCH.

les-louanges

Spesh – “Teflon” from Famous World (Killroom)

Evoking post-punk royalty like The Psychedelic Furs and New Order, Spesh capture the sound of classic college radio.

spesh

To listen to this week’s songs, click here.

WVUM 90.5 FM is the student-run radio station of the University of Miami. To get involved, stop by their music staff meetings Mondays at 6 p.m. in the WVUM office or visit wvum.org/apply.

This week’s playlist by WVUM music directors Jordan Abrams and Peter Melero.

WVUM 90.5 FM

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

Mark Walton, the former University of Miami star football player and current Cincinnati Bengal, was ...

Don Chaney Jr. says his recruitment is over and the way he talks about the Miami Hurricanes, it’s ea ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

Happiness and well-being scholar Tal Ben-Shahar is UM’s newest Distinguished Presidential Scholar. ...

The No. 20 Miami women's basketball team stormed back from a 14-point deficit to pick up the bi ...

Hours after garnering espnW National Player of the Week distinction, Emese Hof of the Miami women ...

For the second straight Monday, a member of the Miami women's basketball team has earned a nati ...

Brian Van Belle struck out five over six shutout innings to help the Canes sweep Rutgers on opening ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team moved up two spots on Monday's leaderboard at t ...