Edge, Fashion

Style Guide: UM vs. Savannah State

UM students, faculty, alumni and fans all have one thing in common– they’re BIG on Canes spirit. Whether watching from home, a sports bar or the crowded stands of Hard Rock Stadium, having the perfect game day outfit is essential. Here are five ways to rock this year’s first home game.

college-fashionista

Collage made with Canva

College Fashionista

Game day doesn’t have to mean throwing personal style out the window. Sporting all the season’s trends—gingham print, espadrille sandals, satin and, for the first time since the early 2000s, clear bags—is guaranteed to get you recognized as UM’s most fashion-forward fan.

hypebeast-haven

Hypebeast Heaven

This year was a huge one for streetwear. Fanny packs made an unexpected return, “dad” fashion was everywhere from dad caps to chunky sneakers, and side stripe pants emerged. Bring hypebeast culture from the streets to the stands by combining all of these, making sure to keep it orange and green.

football-fanatic

Collage made with Canva

Football Fanatic

Here, more is more. Throw on that t-shirt you bought your first week here, the UM sweatpants you usually sleep in, and the fanny pack you received during move-in. Found a spare turnover chain? Put that on too. Green and orange shoes? A must. Prove you’re the ultimate Canes fan by piling on all the Miami gear you can find. Be prepared for lots of attention, photo-ops and maybe even 15 seconds of fame on the big screen.

tailgate-princess

Collage made with Canva

Tailgate Princess

Some days it’s not about the game or who wins or loses; it’s about the tailgates. Pairing a Miami cheer skirt with a tube top, ibis socks and festive shades makes for the perfect picture to savor the moment…and make all of your Instagram followers jealous.

rainy-day-warrior

Collage made with Canva

Rainy Day Warrior

Rain or shine, it’s still all about the U. Try a comfy pair of distressed jeans with rain booties and a rain jacket is to look cool and stay dry while supporting our beloved hurricanes. Layering a UM tank under your jacket provides a festive alternative when things start to heat up.

Jordan Lewis

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...