Edge, Fashion

Style Guide: UM vs. Savannah State

UM students, faculty, alumni and fans all have one thing in common– they’re BIG on Canes spirit. Whether watching from home, a sports bar or the crowded stands of Hard Rock Stadium, having the perfect game day outfit is essential. Here are five ways to rock this year’s first home game.

college-fashionista

Collage made with Canva

College Fashionista

Game day doesn’t have to mean throwing personal style out the window. Sporting all the season’s trends—gingham print, espadrille sandals, satin and, for the first time since the early 2000s, clear bags—is guaranteed to get you recognized as UM’s most fashion-forward fan.

hypebeast-haven

Hypebeast Heaven

This year was a huge one for streetwear. Fanny packs made an unexpected return, “dad” fashion was everywhere from dad caps to chunky sneakers, and side stripe pants emerged. Bring hypebeast culture from the streets to the stands by combining all of these, making sure to keep it orange and green.

football-fanatic

Collage made with Canva

Football Fanatic

Here, more is more. Throw on that t-shirt you bought your first week here, the UM sweatpants you usually sleep in, and the fanny pack you received during move-in. Found a spare turnover chain? Put that on too. Green and orange shoes? A must. Prove you’re the ultimate Canes fan by piling on all the Miami gear you can find. Be prepared for lots of attention, photo-ops and maybe even 15 seconds of fame on the big screen.

tailgate-princess

Collage made with Canva

Tailgate Princess

Some days it’s not about the game or who wins or loses; it’s about the tailgates. Pairing a Miami cheer skirt with a tube top, ibis socks and festive shades makes for the perfect picture to savor the moment…and make all of your Instagram followers jealous.

rainy-day-warrior

Collage made with Canva

Rainy Day Warrior

Rain or shine, it’s still all about the U. Try a comfy pair of distressed jeans with rain booties and a rain jacket is to look cool and stay dry while supporting our beloved hurricanes. Layering a UM tank under your jacket provides a festive alternative when things start to heat up.

Jordan Lewis

And you thought the quarterback race was hot before. After reviewing the University of Miami spring ...

Manny Diaz’s first spring as the coach of the Miami Hurricanes is in the books, and he finished it o ...

There is, indeed, a three-man quarterback race at the University of Miami. As spring came to a close ...

The Miami Hurricanes, for the past few years, have gone as far as their defense would take them, let ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s spring game at Camping World Stadium in Orlando: ▪ The quarterback play was ...

Yvette Soler, B.M. ’96, better known as Tigrilla Gardenia, connects her music engineering background ...

Preservation Week, from April 21 to April 27, is focused on highlighting the importance of learning ...

There are numerous ways to connect with the University of Miami during the two-day tech conference o ...

A symbol of both French heritage and Catholicism, Paris’ 850-year-old gothic cathedral was gutted by ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The Canes are ranked for the second consecutive week, cracking the top 25 in two different polls rel ...

Nearly 10,000 fans got a glimpse of things to come at Camping World Stadium ...

Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey, Jr. have been selected to receive the University of Miami Sports Hall of ...

Miami Athletics has become one of the leaders nationally in developing its sports psychology departm ...

Images from the University of Miami women's tennis team's run to the ACC Championship semi ...