Edge, Fashion

Style Guide: UM vs. Savannah State

UM students, faculty, alumni and fans all have one thing in common– they’re BIG on Canes spirit. Whether watching from home, a sports bar or the crowded stands of Hard Rock Stadium, having the perfect game day outfit is essential. Here are five ways to rock this year’s first home game.

college-fashionista

Collage made with Canva

College Fashionista

Game day doesn’t have to mean throwing personal style out the window. Sporting all the season’s trends—gingham print, espadrille sandals, satin and, for the first time since the early 2000s, clear bags—is guaranteed to get you recognized as UM’s most fashion-forward fan.

hypebeast-haven

Hypebeast Heaven

This year was a huge one for streetwear. Fanny packs made an unexpected return, “dad” fashion was everywhere from dad caps to chunky sneakers, and side stripe pants emerged. Bring hypebeast culture from the streets to the stands by combining all of these, making sure to keep it orange and green.

football-fanatic

Collage made with Canva

Football Fanatic

Here, more is more. Throw on that t-shirt you bought your first week here, the UM sweatpants you usually sleep in, and the fanny pack you received during move-in. Found a spare turnover chain? Put that on too. Green and orange shoes? A must. Prove you’re the ultimate Canes fan by piling on all the Miami gear you can find. Be prepared for lots of attention, photo-ops and maybe even 15 seconds of fame on the big screen.

tailgate-princess

Collage made with Canva

Tailgate Princess

Some days it’s not about the game or who wins or loses; it’s about the tailgates. Pairing a Miami cheer skirt with a tube top, ibis socks and festive shades makes for the perfect picture to savor the moment…and make all of your Instagram followers jealous.

rainy-day-warrior

Collage made with Canva

Rainy Day Warrior

Rain or shine, it’s still all about the U. Try a comfy pair of distressed jeans with rain booties and a rain jacket is to look cool and stay dry while supporting our beloved hurricanes. Layering a UM tank under your jacket provides a festive alternative when things start to heat up.

Jordan Lewis

Seniors Emily Gossett, Millie Chokshi, and Jason Kaplan are eager to implement their platform throug ...

Follow the sights and sounds of the pregame festivities in Orlando leading up to Saturday’s big game ...

A team of researchers created the first mapping model of its kind to track how hate spreads and adap ...

University of Miami professors who study water treatment and civil engineering say that water contam ...

University of Miami experts in health geography, law, and public health weigh in on some of the issu ...

Head coach Manny Diaz and The New Miami will make their debut against an old rival, facing No. 8 Flo ...

Senior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Michael Pinckney and Zach McCloud have already made history ...

Check out the latest issue of Hurricane Magazine, featuring stories on Canes football, basketball, s ...

UM women's soccer opened its 2019 campaign by blowing past UTRGV, 4-0. ...

The Hurricanes kick off their 2019 soccer campaign Thursday night against UTRGV. ...