V's Take

V is single and ready to…stay single

Big news – V is single.

If you’ve been reading this column for a while it may come as a surprise since I talked about how in love I was for an impressive 257 days straight. But things change, and sometimes you have to make like Elsa and let it go.

To be clear, I wasn’t the one who chose to let go of my relationship. My ex dropped off the face of the earth, refused to see me then blocked me on everything. Like a toddler.

He even blocked me on Venmo, so I can’t Venmo him a penny to get his attention.

Looking back, I think my relationship was more toxic than Britney Spears dancing in a puddle of nuclear waste. (Alexa, play ‘Toxic’ by Britney Spears.)

Of course I was sad and drank gallons of red wine in bed while watching Grey’s Anatomy, but I think I got that summertime sadness out of my system. Now, it’s nice to finally be able to focus on myself.

Like I’ve said in the past, relationships aren’t healthy when you solely depend on your boyfriend for love, affection and attention. (It’s almost like I have daddy issues…who would have thought?)

In retrospect, I think I was the best part of the relationship. I was open, honest and didn’t lie about very important details of my personal life or try to compensate for the little things – well one little thing – for the whole relationship.

And at least I reciprocated in the bedroom.

V is single and ready to…stay single. I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m ready to take all the the best things I offered up in my relationship and keep them mostly to myself and my friends.

I feel happier and better now that I’m not struggling to keep a sinking ship afloat, and other people have said the same. Now let’s pray that I don’t catch feelings for a frat boy on Tinder.

Are you a frat boy who wants to make V catch feelings and throw away everything she said in this column? Are you V’s ex who wants to finally contact her and yell about this column? Are you a concerned bystander worried that V is spiraling? If the answer to any of these questions is ‘yes,’ email dearv@themiamihurricane.com.

V'S Take

It wasn’t long ago when the Miami Hurricanes’ Class of 2020 included the top three rising senior pro ...

Six new Hurricanes football players arrived on campus and began classes Monday, a group including a ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Championship schedule is set. The No. 4 seed Miami Hurricanes ...

The first regular season of Gino DiMare’s head-coaching era ended Saturday at Mark Light Field. But ...

The Miami Hurricanes’ hopes for hosting an NCAA regional were damaged a bit on Friday night by a 12- ...

Researchers at the University of Miami are transforming weather forecasts by creating a seasonal for ...

Imagine simulating diabetes, lung cancer, or heart disease on a device no larger than a credit card. ...

Alabama’s new abortion law puts the issue of women’s rights in the spotlight for the upcoming 2020 e ...

The University of Miami is shaping the future of education by using innovative approaches that drive ...

Six short films created by University of Miami film students will be screened in Los Angeles this we ...

Four Miami Hurricanes were among those recognized by the Atlantic Coast Conference Monday for their ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that it has agreed to a home football gam ...

Top-seeded Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team started her NCAA Singles Cha ...

The Barcelona, Spain, native caps his sophomore campaign with a team-high 21 singles wins. ...

The University of Miami track and field program garnered 20 entries in the 2019 NCAA East Preliminar ...