V's Take

Take it slow: don’t sleep through all the freshmen

Legend has it that every August, dating apps are flooded with a naive and inexperienced, yet extremely horny creature – the college freshman.

It’s not a legend, it’s the truth. My Tinder, Hinge and Bumble are literally exclusively showing guys from the class of 2022. (Oh yeah, V is single again. I’m blocking it out because #healthycopingmechanisms, but I’ll explain more next week.)

These kids’ profiles scream naivety – photos of their prom date, the first time they had a beer at after prom, their college visit.

It’s not hard to forget that they were in high school just a few months ago. But now that they’re at the U, the class of 2022 better get ready to give V the D.

They are seemingly easy targets for a hookup: away from home, experiencing freedom for the first time and emotionally fragile. One can assume they may even catch feelings for the hot upperclassmen who will show them what college is all about. (Awkard missionary sex in Twin XL bed, in case you’re wondering.)

While the first few weeks of the semester are great for a lovely come and go, you may want to pace yourself. There are more than 2,000 new students at the U, but the Tinder swipes will eventually run out.

Here are some words of wisdom from someone who knows – pace yourself. Do not sleep through the entire freshman class in your first few weeks back at school. Moderation is key.

There is nothing worse than lying in your residential college bed, changing your Tinder preferences to men aged 18-65+ who are 50+ miles away just to get attention. Stay away from 30-year-old lawyers who live in Palm Beach, my friends.

Take things slow and maybe even make a friendship. Although new students mean new orgasm opportunities, they can also be new friends!

Sure, take advantage of the condom buckets in the lobbies of Hecht and Stanford. Just don’t do it so much that you are out of options in a few weeks.

Do you have a question for V, or want to be her new special freshman friend? Email dearv@themiamihurricane.com

V'S Take

University of Miami Frost School of Music alumni are recognized on Latin music’s biggest night—the 2 ...

A new course is providing students a primer on planning the Super Bowl, one of the biggest events of ...

A week full of spirit, friendly competition and ’Canes pride was on display during Homecoming and Al ...

Griffin Berkenfeld, a University of Miami senior and director of CaneStage’s upcoming production of ...

With public impeachment hearings set to begin Wednesday, University of Miami experts weigh in on wha ...

CORAL GABLES, Fla. - University of Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced th ...

Miami head men's basketball coach Jim Larrañaga announced Wednesday the signing of consensus fo ...

Two members of the Miami women's tennis team earned spots in the Oracle/ITA singles rankings to ...

For the first time in over a decade a pair of University of Miami men's tennis student-athletes ...

The No. 17/19 Miami women's basketball team downed North Florida, 78-55, in front of 4,017 fans ...