V's Take

V’s Take: The hottest months are coming

As we countdown the days until the end of the semester, there’s one question on everyone’s mind: How do you get your relationship ready for summer?

A graduation goodbye

It’s time for you to leave UM and maybe leave your significant other behind. As you enter the real world and move on to jobs, new cities and adult life, you may have to leave your guy or gal behind.

Just remember to have really good break up sex. It will be the climax of your college experience.

If you’re on the receiving end of this graduation goodbye, you can always pull a “Legally Blonde” and go after your Warner like the sexy stalker you know you are.

Becoming long-distance lovers

It’s time to take a break from doing it on a dorm room bed and head home to see your family for the summer. But what happens to bae when you both go away?

You’ve gotta keep your relationship rolling and try to deal with the distance. Even if you can’t do the dirty in person, you can surely try to do it over FaceTime.

Love knows no distance, but neither will you if you book a non-refundable plane ticket to see your significant other on your parent’s credit card.

Even if you don’t, just remember summer is short and you have a semester full of sexy activities to look forward to together.

Staying together in SoFla

Think of how hot it will be to spend all summer with your bae in 95 degree temperatures. V won’t be the only one who is super wet this summer – you will be literally drenched by your own sweat.

While it will be great to spend time with your special someone without having to worry about homework and class, remember to take things slow.

Remember those cows who ate their entire ration of food for the winter in one day? The same thing can happen to people from eating too much booty after a stressful semester.

But seriously, take things slow so you don’t hurt yourself physically or emotionally. Too much of a good thing – or person – is still too much.

What are your plans for the summer? Let me know by emailing dearv@themiamihurricane.com

V'S Take

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ If you ever wondered what the Hurricanes would look like if ...

Demetrius Jackson has come through again for his Overtown neighborhood. For the second year in a row ...

Days after praising Mark Richt, Clemson grad transfer quarterback Kelly Bryant has canceled his Frid ...

Mark Richt kept his word. On Thursday, two days before the Miami Hurricanes defeated Virginia Tech 3 ...

The season is evaporating before our eyes. And nothing made that more obvious than University of Mia ...

Erin Kobetz, director of Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center’s Firefighter Cancer Initiative, disc ...

Kristiana Yao, who graduated summa cum laude in May, said she was “still in shock” after finding out ...

UM Libraries is presenting an extraordinary exhibit that immerses the audience in an emotional journ ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

The Canes got back to their winning ways with an impressive 38-14 victory at Virginia Tech. ...

The No. 24 Miami women's basketball team dropped a 75-52 decision Sunday at Iowa State in the P ...

20-point performances from Chris Lykes and DJ Vasiljevic led Miami past Bethune-Cookman. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team forced No. 10 Pitt to five sets in a thrilling match on Seni ...

University of Miami head golf coach Patti Rizzo announced Thursday the signing of three golfers to N ...