Campus Life, News, Student Organization

News Briefs: Week of 4/16

Make the Magic

When: 6-9 p.m. April 22

Where: Shalala Student Center

The University of Miami community is welcome to join Camp Kesem Miami for its fifth annual Make the Magic Gala. All funds raised will be donated to the organization, which caters to children who have or have had parents suffer from cancer. Camp Kesem puts on a camp specifically for them each year. There will be catered dinner and entertainment throughout the night. Tickets cost $55.

Art Showcase and Sale

When: 4-8 p.m. April 20

Where: University of Miami Rathskeller

Arts for Kids, a student organization that strives to connect leadership, creativity and service, will be selling artwork to support Nicklaus Children’s Hospital. The artwork is created by UM community members, including students and professors.

Pride Awareness Speaker Octavia Yearwood on “Libations: Let’s Meet Here”

When: 3-5 p.m. April 17

Where: Shalala Student Center Ballroom East

Octavia Yearwood, an educator who uses art to connect community and academia, will be one of the speakers in the LGBTQ Student Center’s Pride Awareness Speaker Series. The series is called “Libations: Let’s Meet Here” and described as a performance art interactive event that will navigate different LGBTQ communities’ experiences. It will also touch on how adversity is doubled when factors such as race and culture come into play. Participants will take part in the live simulation.

Amanda Herrera

The Miami Hurricanes didn’t waste long to find their replacements for Manny Diaz at defensive coordi ...

The Miami Hurricanes will have to try to get revenge on the Wisconsin Badgers without perhaps their ...

Mark Barnes likes to call Zion Nelson a “throwback” player, but the coach really means Nelson is sor ...

The land of palm trees, beaches and mojitos gave way to the land of the Liberty Bell, cheesesteaks a ...

The University of Miami on Thursday launched a national search as it begins the difficult task of re ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The University of Miami will welcome more than 1,000 new graduates into the UM alumni family during ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team will conclude its three-game homestand Sunday at 1 ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...

The Miami women's basketball team ascended one position in each of the major national polls thi ...