V's Take

V’s Take: Roommate reconnaissance

For UM students new and old, but mostly new (@incoming frosh), it’s time to pick out a roommate from the crop of kids in the class Facebook group. And you’ve got to start by posting a little bit about yourself.

I’m not kidding, this is literally every post in the UM Class of 2022 Facebook group. Literally every single post. There is not a post that does not resemble this.

Unfortunately, I can’t include my poorly-edited swimsuit pics in this article, so you’ll just have to imagine that I’m the perfect mix of pretty, fun and sporty:

“Hey guys! I’m V, and I’m originally from some shitty New Jersey suburb (about 45 minutes from NYC!!). I’m not 100% on UMiami, but it’s one of my tops!! I am going to be majoring in biology on the pre-med track and will probably minor in Español because Mee-ah-mee haha!

“In high school I did a bunch of irrelevant stuff I’m not going to list that because I know you’re skimming over this part. Just so you know, what I did in high school is all I am going to talk about for the next year.

“I can’t wait to do typical college things like tailgates, beach and parties but am also down for a chill night in with the girlies. I’ll definitely be rushing!!

“If you want to commit to spending a year with me based on a handful of extremely edited photos and a poorly-written, generic bio, then message me on Insta or Snapchat.”

First, let me say that a lot of your nights will be chill nights in, crying in bed with a cheap bottle of CVS rosé. That’s a typical first-year college thing. You’ll be fine once you start regularly visiting the counseling center your sophomore year and deal with all that childhood trauma.

More importantly though, this bio says nothing about you. If you’re trying to find somebody who will be sleeping 8 inches away from you and who will likely see you naked, you may want to provide just a little more info.

This is how you go from Best Friends Forever to Bitches Fighting Forever, and that is not a healthy living situation.

One last word of advice – from experience, anyone who says, “I can’t wait to explore Miami!” in their post can’t wait to explore their sexuality when they finally escape from their parents’ oppressive grasp. Trust me.

V'S Take

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

With Jaquan Johnson still sidelined with a hamstring strain he suffered on Saturday against Toledo, ...

The Miami Hurricanes are running low on tight ends. But their receivers — notably sophomore speedste ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Tuesday: ▪ The pretty even split of carries between Travis Homer ...

The University of Miami has lost another player to surgery, and the depth was already lacking at thi ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

A University of Miami professor has created software to detect fraud in standardized tests. ...

UM President Julio Frenk outlined the strategies of the Roadmap to Our New Century, part of his Stat ...

Students attending Monday night's State of the U address by UM President Julio Frenk offer thei ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team will begin her fall campaign Thursday a ...

Through three games, Miami is No. 1 in the country in tackles for loss and the entire Hurricanes def ...

Jeff Thomas may be quiet off the field, but the sophomore has been consistently making lots of noise ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to return to Cobb Stadium, where it will host No. 12 Duke ...

The Atlantic Coast Conference announced Tuesday the league slate for the upcoming 2018-19 season. ...