News Briefs: Week of 4/2

Disabilities Culture Campus Event

When: 8 p.m. April 5

Where: East Ballroom of the Shalala Student Center

Healthy U Healthy Me is hosting a week full of events for its Health Week 2018. The organization has partnered up with another student organization, University of Miami Best Buddies, to bring several guests to speak about disability cultures and disparities in the community of people with disabilities. The event is free and open to the public.

Miami Beach Pride Parade

When: 12 p.m. April 8

Where: Ocean Drive, Miami Beach

It’s Pride Awareness Week at the University of Miami, and the LGBTQ Student Center, SpectrUM and a slew of other campus organizations will represent the school at the Miami Beach Pride Parade. More than 100,000 people attend the parade every year. The university will have its own parade float and will provide buses to and from the event. Buses leave Stanford Circle at 8:30 a.m. and return at 5 p.m. Participants will get a free T-shirt.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...