Edge, Fashion

How to slay this Valentine’s Day

Who doesn’t like to look cute and trendy, whether you’re with that special someone, with best friends or by yourself? Here are some fun outfits to wear on Valentine’s Day – you’ll be ready to spend the day any way you please.

For the ones who want to get dressed up –

Sass and Class

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 9.38.38 AM.png

You can never go wrong with a fun and flirty dress for a formal night out. The booties add an edgy touch to an otherwise elegant look. A black cross body bag is a timeless accessory that perfectly complements this ensemble. For a touch of class, add a pair of dangling pearl earrings.

Sleek and Chic

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 9.38.49 AM.png

This is a classic masculine look for anyone who wants to get dressed up — a simple slim-fit white shirt with black skinny pants. Add a leather belt and shoes to pull it all together.

For those who want a laid-back vibe —

Don’t Distress

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 9.38.56 AM.png

Embrace your glamorous side while still keeping casual in this fashion-forward look. Combine the stereotypical Valentine’s Day style with a bit of grunge. The ripped jeans and sporty sneakers make the outfit more of a daytime look, but adding the red top elevates it from “walk in Vizcaya” to “Drinks a la Playa”

Kicked Back

Screen Shot 2018-02-03 at 9.39.04 AM.png

This look is for the guy who wants to look like he isn’t trying too hard but still thinks it’s important to look good. Pair a simple T-shirt, jeans and sneakers with a gold chain to create the perfect elevated but chill dinner outfit.

Anika Bhavnani

It could be a fruitful year for the Miami Hurricanes in the 2019 NFL Draft. NFL Draft analyst Mel Ki ...

A quick six-pack off UM coach Manny Diaz’s conversation with Joe Zagacki and Don Bailey Jr. on WQAM’ ...

UM was very fortunate that junior linebackers Shaquille Quarterman, Mike Pinckney and Zach McCloud a ...

Hard Rock Stadium will be filled with Miami fans — and probably only Miami fans — when the two colle ...

They made school history on Sunday with a nationally-televised road upset of No. 2 Louisville, and o ...

UM public health experts try to help tackle Venezuela’s ongoing health care crisis. ...

The Ring Theatre’s contemporary reworking of Molière’s “The Misanthrope” showcases the skills of UM’ ...

Miami Law’s Frances Hill answers key questions about the National Emergencies Act. ...

Researcher Rebecca Bulotsky Shearer is leading a study aimed at increasing the number of kids who ar ...

UM alumna Alina Mayo Azze, who has covered a myriad of topics during her 37-year career, has been a ...

The Hurricanes will wrap up a four-game homestand with a midweek game against FAU on Wednesday at 6 ...

The No. 14 Miami women's basketball team is set to cap its longest road stretch of the season T ...

The No. 25-ranked University of Miami golf team closed out the 2019 Allstate Sugar Bowl Intercollegi ...

The University of Miami swimming & diving team begins its run at the 2019 ACC Swimming & Div ...

For the second week in a row, the Miami women's basketball team made the largest leap of any sc ...