Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: UM basketball picks up wins, Canes tennis falls short

Men’s Basketball

The Miami Hurricanes snapped a two-game skid with an 86-81 win over North Carolina State Jan. 21. Sophomore Bruce Brown led the Canes with 19 points and nine assists.

Next, UM faces Louisville, a team adjusting after the loss of former head coach Rick Pitino. He was dismissed in September 2017 following an FBI investigation dealing with a corruption scandal.

Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Watsco Center.

Women’s Basketball

Miami is on a three-game winning streak, and senior captain Erykah Davenport has recorded a double-double in each matchup. She is averaging 13.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game during that span.

UM looks to continue the trend against Louisville 11 a.m. Jan. 25 at the Watsco Center. Tip-off is early to accommodate Elementary School Day, an event in which kids take a field trip to watch the Canes.

Men’s Tennis

The Hurricanes suffered a 5-2 loss to No. 14-ranked Mississippi State Jan. 21.

Miami captured the doubles point with 6-1, 7-6 victories but then dropped five of six singles matches.

UM will begin a five-game homestand at 3 p.m. Feb. 2 against Georgia Southern University.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Navaughn Donaldson knew one thing mattered above all when he was forced to start playing center ahea ...

This spring hasn’t been easy for Miami redshirt sophomore Tate Martell, the former Ohio State quarte ...

The 2019-20 college basketball season is more than six months away, but the University of Miami Hurr ...

The University of Miami spring game Saturday will be here before you know it, and right about now, c ...

With about a third of the regular season left, the Miami Hurricanes baseball team is on the rise and ...

The Division of Student Affairs hosted a reception to present campus-wide awards and scholarships to ...

The University of Miami celebrates Earth Day with a host of activities at or near the Lakeside Patio ...

The nation’s oldest and most-widely known academic honor society inducted 45 students from the Colle ...

For the second installment of its “What Matters to U” lecture series, Student Government invited act ...

There is at least one member of House Hurricane in the Seven Kingdoms: alumnus David Nutter, who sha ...

The Canes will battle the Cardinals this weekend in a battle of ranked ACC foes. ...

Michelle Atherley earned the University of Miami track and field program's fourth ACC outdoor h ...

Canes' recruiting class now stands 25th in 247Sports Composite Ranking. ...

Miami head women's basketball coach Katie Meier announced Wednesday the signing of Moulayna Joh ...

The fifth-seeded and No. 21-ranked Miami women's tennis team begins ACC Championship action Thu ...