Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: UM basketball picks up wins, Canes tennis falls short

Men’s Basketball

The Miami Hurricanes snapped a two-game skid with an 86-81 win over North Carolina State Jan. 21. Sophomore Bruce Brown led the Canes with 19 points and nine assists.

Next, UM faces Louisville, a team adjusting after the loss of former head coach Rick Pitino. He was dismissed in September 2017 following an FBI investigation dealing with a corruption scandal.

Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. Jan. 24 at the Watsco Center.

Women’s Basketball

Miami is on a three-game winning streak, and senior captain Erykah Davenport has recorded a double-double in each matchup. She is averaging 13.7 points and 11.3 rebounds per game during that span.

UM looks to continue the trend against Louisville 11 a.m. Jan. 25 at the Watsco Center. Tip-off is early to accommodate Elementary School Day, an event in which kids take a field trip to watch the Canes.

Men’s Tennis

The Hurricanes suffered a 5-2 loss to No. 14-ranked Mississippi State Jan. 21.

Miami captured the doubles point with 6-1, 7-6 victories but then dropped five of six singles matches.

UM will begin a five-game homestand at 3 p.m. Feb. 2 against Georgia Southern University.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Keontra Smith waited a long time for the Miami Hurricnaes to finally offer him. The defensive back g ...

University of Miami true freshman running back Cam’ron Davis, known as Cam for short, is about to lo ...

It’s impossible for the Miami Hurricanes to ignore all the negative feedback which comes along with ...

The Pittsburgh Panthers’ win against the Virginia Tech Hokies was, for all intents and purposes, alr ...

University of Miami athletic director Blake James has no intention of pressuring or forcing coach Ma ...

A UM researcher is helping to lead a study on how smoke interacts with clouds and its impact on the ...

People are bombarded with news and information these days, providing opportunities for discourse tha ...

Students, faculty and staff stopped by the School of Architecture’s Korach Gallery to learn what Mag ...

The On Campus event featured innovative National Geographic Explorers—photographers, scientists, sto ...

UM Professor of Law Frances R. Hill tells us what we should know. ...

The Canes top the Golden Eagles to move onto the WNIT Championship game. ...

The Canes know the importance a win over Virginia Tech on Saturday can have heading into the final w ...

The University of Miami women's golf team announced Thursday that international amateur standou ...

N'Kosi Perry wants to build off his showing at Georgia Tech with another strong performance thi ...

Tournament runs Nov. 21-24, 2019, in Charleston, S.C. ...