Athletics, Baseball, Cover, Football, Sports

Sports Roundup: Miami football releases schedule, Hurricanes baseball ranked top 10 in preseason poll

University of Miami athletics made a couple of big announcements on Wednesday, Jan. 17.

Football

Miami football released its 2018 schedule, a 12-game list that starts on Sept. 2 against LSU in the AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, and ends on Nov. 24 in a home matchup against Pittsburgh at Hard Rock Stadium.

The Hurricanes play North Carolina at home in a Thursday night game Sept. 27, and then get an extended eight-day rest until they play rival Florida State at home Saturday, Oct. 6.

Miami has a tough stretch from Oct. 13 to Nov. 17, when it plays four out of five games on the road with the exception of Duke Nov. 3.

Baseball

It was announced Wednesday that Hurricanes baseball came in ranked No. 9 in the Perfect Game preseason top 25 poll.

This is UM’s second top-20 preseason ranking, the first coming when the team was ranked No. 20 by Collegiate Baseball Newspaper in December 2017.

Miami’s 2017 recruiting class was ranked No. 8 in the country by Baseball America. This add to a Canes group that has 15 active players returning from last season.

The Canes start their season at home against Rutgers in a three-game weekend series Feb. 16-18 at Mark Light Field.

Head coach Jim Morris will be coaching in his 25th and final year at the U.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The University of Miami’s Cuban Heritage Collection will host its third New Directions in Cuban Stud ...

The University of Miami is naming its business school in honor of Patti and Allan Herbert for their ...

Lucha Latina celebrates Hispanic Heritage Month by highlighting Central American culture. ...

The Frost School of Music’s Valerie Coleman, who heads to Carnegie Hall tonight with the Philadelphi ...

Engineering students at the University of Miami combine inventive materials with a new construction ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.