Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: Week of 12/11

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes pulled off their biggest win of the season so far in a 65-54 victory over the No. 20 Kentucky Wildcats Dec. 10 at the Watsco Center.

Led by freshman Endia Banks’ 12 points and eight assists, UM put forth a well-balanced effort, with four players scoring in double-figures. Senior center Erykah Davenport recorded her third double-double of the year with 12 points and 12 rebounds.

Miami held Kentucky to just 32 percent shooting.

The Canes play their final game of a seven-game home stand when they host Alabama State 7 p.m. Dec. 15 at the Watsco Center.

Men’s Basketball

Miami received a lot of good news Dec. 11.

The Hurricanes have moved up to No. 6 in the latest AP Top 25 poll, their highest ranking since 2013. It was also announced that freshman guard Lonnie Walker was named ACC Rookie of the Week after scoring a career-high 26 points to lead UM to a 69-54 win over Boston University Dec. 5.

The Canes will travel to Washington D.C. to face off against George Washington University at noon Dec. 16. The game will be a homecoming for freshman guard Chris Lykes, who is from Mitchellville, Maryland.

Women’s Tennis

UM will kickoff the spring season by hosting the Miami Spring Invite Jan. 19-21 in the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The competition will give the Hurricanes a chance to show off their skills against some of the best teams in the country.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Romello Height already had a top five publicly revealed when the Miami Hurricanes finally stepped in ...

Mark Pope knows his freshman year with the Miami Hurricanes didn’t play out the way it was supposed ...

Fredrick Eaford was quick to make it clear the Miami Hurricanes were his dream team to commit to. Af ...

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

Some scientists fear that the new fifth generation of wireless networks interferes with critical sat ...

A new study led by Miller School professor Dr. Claes Wahlestedt observes that key molecular programs ...

Evo Morales, first elected president of Bolivia in 2005, and could win an unprecedented fourth term ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

Jackie Lippincott, Autumn Kramer and Meredith Costello were among the 61 student-athletes named to t ...

Renate Grimstad and Kristyna Frydlova of the University of Miami women's golf team were selecte ...

The Miami women's basketball team will face Indiana at the Watsco Center in the 2019 Big Ten/AC ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...