Basketball, Sports, Tennis

Sports Roundup: Week of 12/11

Women’s Basketball

The Hurricanes pulled off their biggest win of the season so far in a 65-54 victory over the No. 20 Kentucky Wildcats Dec. 10 at the Watsco Center.

Led by freshman Endia Banks’ 12 points and eight assists, UM put forth a well-balanced effort, with four players scoring in double-figures. Senior center Erykah Davenport recorded her third double-double of the year with 12 points and 12 rebounds.

Miami held Kentucky to just 32 percent shooting.

The Canes play their final game of a seven-game home stand when they host Alabama State 7 p.m. Dec. 15 at the Watsco Center.

Men’s Basketball

Miami received a lot of good news Dec. 11.

The Hurricanes have moved up to No. 6 in the latest AP Top 25 poll, their highest ranking since 2013. It was also announced that freshman guard Lonnie Walker was named ACC Rookie of the Week after scoring a career-high 26 points to lead UM to a 69-54 win over Boston University Dec. 5.

The Canes will travel to Washington D.C. to face off against George Washington University at noon Dec. 16. The game will be a homecoming for freshman guard Chris Lykes, who is from Mitchellville, Maryland.

Women’s Tennis

UM will kickoff the spring season by hosting the Miami Spring Invite Jan. 19-21 in the Neil Schiff Tennis Center.

The competition will give the Hurricanes a chance to show off their skills against some of the best teams in the country.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...