Campus Life, News

News Briefs: Week of 12/11

Pancakes with Pat

When: 9-10 p.m. Dec. 13

Where: Space between Shalala Student Center and Food Court

The last couple of weeks of school are hard for many people. If you’re looking for an energy boost, fuel yourself with free pancakes and hot chocolate with Vice President for Student Affairs Pat Whitely. She will be joined by members of Student Government, Omicron Delta Kappa and ‘Canes Care for ‘Canes. All food and beverages are free.

K[no]w More

When: Dec. 13

Shirt distribution noon to 5 p.m. Dec. 12 in UC Breezeway

Where: University of Miami campuses

An initiative created by UM students Evelyn Mangold and Maddie Xilas, the K[no]w More campaign will look to bring hundreds of women on campus together to wear matching shirts with the slogan K[no]w More. The campaign seeks to demand the university do more to support and educate the community about sexual assault. There have been nearly 300 orders for shirts which will be distributed on Dec. 12 in the UC Breezeway. Extra shirts will be available for purchase.

PAMM Free Community Night: Tech Takeover

When: 6-9 p.m. Jan. 4

Where: Pérez Art Museum Miami

The PAMM will host a showcase of Miami’s tech startups. The night will include presentations from different businesses using technologies in different ways to transform the community, such as Breeze Creative, an interactive experience design company, and Code/Art Miami, a non-profit organization working to increase the number of girls studying computer science. The event is part of a weekend-long tech takeover seeking to merge art and technology.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

UM’s recruiting class — comprised so far of 14 non-binding commitments — has dropped to 40th overall ...

University of Miami basketball player Dewan Hernandez, who has missed the first nine games of the se ...

Anthony Solomon will head north for his college football career. The St. Thomas Aquinas linebacker a ...

A day after naming Ephraim Banda and Jonathan Patke co-defensive coordinators, the Miami Hurricanes ...

It doesn’t matter if the number is actually 21 or it’s just what Jeremiah Payton estimates now. Twen ...

Feelings of depression and anxiety rise during the holidays, but there’s plenty you can do to keep u ...

The Foote Fellows Honors Program offers students added flexibility to pursue multiple academic inter ...

Commencement speakers share gems of insight and wisdom as more than 1,000 UM students graduate in tw ...

During a news conference Wednesday, a UM medical team talked about the clinical findings after exami ...

Your one-stop shop for University of Miami fall commencement information. ...

The No. 24/22 Miami women's basketball team turned in another stellar defensive performance Sun ...

Hurricanes Name Banda, Patke Co-Defensive Coordinators; Promote Simpson to Associate Head Coach ...

The Hurricanes hosted their annual Football Awards Show Saturday at Gusman Hall, honoring the 2018 S ...

World Series champion and UM baseball All-American Jon Jay will headline the 2019 First Pitch Banque ...

Fall graduation ceremonies held Thursday at Watsco Center. ...