Cover, Football, Sports

Hurricanes No. 1 receiver Ahmmon Richards out for year after injuring knee

Miami sophomore wide receiver Ahmmon Richards is out for the season after suffering an injury to the meniscus in his left knee during Wednesday’s practice, the university announced.

Richards was reportedly carted off the field after sustaining the injury.

This comes as the last of a multitude of injuries the 6-foot-1 receiver has dealt with throughout the season, including issues with his ankle and hamstring that kept him out three games.

Richards, who was clearly not 100 percent healthy for the majority of 2017, had recorded 439 receiving yards and three touchdowns in eight games of action. In 2016, he reeled in 934 receiving yards, breaking Michael Irvin’s freshman record and earning Freshman All-American and All-ACC Second Team honors.

The Wellington, Florida, native will undergo surgery this week at the UHealth Sports Medicine Institute at The Lennar Foundation Medical Center.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Father, mother, and daughter will all be students at the University of Miami this fall semester. ...

UM weather expert and senior research associate Brian McNoldy explains the science behind lightning ...

As students make their way back to campus for the new school year, here’s a refresher on some of the ...

President Julio Frenk and student leaders formally welcome first-year and transfer students to campu ...

Marc Gellman, a University of Miami research associate professor, recounts his experience attending ...

On the final night of its trip abroad, the Miami men's basketball team defeated LCC Internation ...

Miami's defensive tackles have traditionally been some of the Hurricanes' best players, wh ...

Sophomores Brevin Jordan and Will Mallory look to follow in the footsteps of the greats before them ...

Jarren Williams stepped into the spotlight for the first time Tuesday as Miami's starting quart ...

Former Miami soccer player Dalanda Ouendeno is attempting to become the first foreign female pit cre ...