Cover, Football, Sports

Hurricanes No. 1 receiver Ahmmon Richards out for year after injuring knee

Miami sophomore wide receiver Ahmmon Richards is out for the season after suffering an injury to the meniscus in his left knee during Wednesday’s practice, the university announced.

Richards was reportedly carted off the field after sustaining the injury.

This comes as the last of a multitude of injuries the 6-foot-1 receiver has dealt with throughout the season, including issues with his ankle and hamstring that kept him out three games.

Richards, who was clearly not 100 percent healthy for the majority of 2017, had recorded 439 receiving yards and three touchdowns in eight games of action. In 2016, he reeled in 934 receiving yards, breaking Michael Irvin’s freshman record and earning Freshman All-American and All-ACC Second Team honors.

The Wellington, Florida, native will undergo surgery this week at the UHealth Sports Medicine Institute at The Lennar Foundation Medical Center.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Corey Gaynor is working hard to solidify his spot as backup center to UM senior standout Tyler Gauth ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...

The University of Miami soccer team will travel to Boca Raton, Fla., Friday night as the team kicks ...

The University of Miami's volleyball team returns to the Knight Sports Complex on Saturday at 3 ...

University of Miami head men's tennis coach Aljosa Piric revealed Friday the team's schedu ...