Football, Sports

Canes football rises to No. 2 in College Football Playoff rankings

The Miami Hurricanes have risen one spot to No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings in the latest poll released Nov. 21.

This is the highest the Canes have been ranked in the CFP poll since it was introduced in 2014.

Miami (10-0) moves ahead of Clemson (10-1), who held the No. 2 spot last week, after a 44-28 victory over Virginia Nov. 18. Alabama (11-0) stays at No. 1 and Oklahoma (10-1) stays at No. 4 to round out the top four.

The Canes stay ranked No. 2 in both the AP Top 25 poll and the Coaches Poll for the second-straight week – the highest ranking for the program since 2003. They have been ranked in the top 10 of both polls for six-straight weeks.

UM is set to travel to play its regular season finale against Pittsburgh at noon Nov. 24 at Heinz Field. If the Hurricanes win, they will complete their first undefeated regular season since 2002.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

It appears that at least one LSU receiver won’t be available at the University of Miami football ope ...

After the Miami Hurricanes football team spent part of its practice on Monday in a torrential downpo ...

Nothing like a comic book cover on steroids to get University of Miami and LSU football fans juiced ...

They are two big bodies with experience, but new to the University of Miami. And the Miami Hurricane ...

Freshman quarterback Jarren Williams, who returned to practice Wednesday after missing most of Tuesd ...

Intergroup Dialogue, soon to be offered as a course, fosters a sense of belonging, an appreciation f ...

Aretha Franklin and her music defined “what is soul” to generations of music lovers. ...

The University of Miami kicked into high gear to welcome thousands of new students and ensure move-i ...

UM President Julio Frenk welcomes first-year and transfer students to UM in signature ’Cane Kickoff ...

Miami Law conducts its inaugural Legal Impact Hack for first-year students. ...

The University of Miami volleyball team won its exhibition match over FIU, 3-0, Saturday at the Knig ...

Coming off a road win in its season opener, the University of Miami soccer team will welcome crossto ...

In head coach Sarah Barnes' debut at the helm, the University of Miami soccer team won its seas ...

The Hurricanes practiced in the Carol Soffer Indoor Practice Facility for the first time ever on Fri ...

Malik Rosier, Travis Homer and Ahmmon Richards are key returning playmakers, but they are just the b ...