Football, Sports

Canes football rises to No. 2 in College Football Playoff rankings

The Miami Hurricanes have risen one spot to No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings in the latest poll released Nov. 21.

This is the highest the Canes have been ranked in the CFP poll since it was introduced in 2014.

Miami (10-0) moves ahead of Clemson (10-1), who held the No. 2 spot last week, after a 44-28 victory over Virginia Nov. 18. Alabama (11-0) stays at No. 1 and Oklahoma (10-1) stays at No. 4 to round out the top four.

The Canes stay ranked No. 2 in both the AP Top 25 poll and the Coaches Poll for the second-straight week – the highest ranking for the program since 2003. They have been ranked in the top 10 of both polls for six-straight weeks.

UM is set to travel to play its regular season finale against Pittsburgh at noon Nov. 24 at Heinz Field. If the Hurricanes win, they will complete their first undefeated regular season since 2002.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

Shaquille Quarterman waited less than 24 hours after Michael Pinckney announced he was returning for ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ Two highly skilled receivers who ended last season frust ...

Whenever quarterback Tate Martell hurls a football to University of Miami slot receiver Mike Harley, ...

Manny Diaz is the dealer. The pusher. He is good at this. Really good. And what he is selling, we ar ...

Finally, Tate Martell knows what 2019 will hold and it’s good news for the Miami Hurricanes. After m ...

The theme of the 48th Annual Women’s Commission Breakfast keynote address, delivered by Dean Laura K ...

Sophomore Aloki Patel, a double major in Biology and Criminology in the pre-med track, spent spring ...

Returning to campus, former UM President Donna E. Shalala discussed the “irrational decision” that a ...

More than 40 University of Miami students spent last week in a half dozen U.S. communities learning ...

Students from UM, FIU, and FAU will have their graduate dissertations and projects reviewed by peers ...

The fourth-seeded Miami women's basketball team opens NCAA Tournament play on its home court fo ...

The University of Miami football program announced Tuesday that the National Collegiate Athletic Ass ...

Miami's Hurricane Club announced the launch of The New Miami Fund Wednesday. ...

The No. 25 Miami women's tennis team will visit the Tar Heel State to play a pair of top-15 opp ...

Bastias took the time to reflect on his chemistry with fellow classmate Franco Aubone, his transitio ...