Football, Sports

Canes football rises to No. 2 in College Football Playoff rankings

The Miami Hurricanes have risen one spot to No. 2 in the College Football Playoff rankings in the latest poll released Nov. 21.

This is the highest the Canes have been ranked in the CFP poll since it was introduced in 2014.

Miami (10-0) moves ahead of Clemson (10-1), who held the No. 2 spot last week, after a 44-28 victory over Virginia Nov. 18. Alabama (11-0) stays at No. 1 and Oklahoma (10-1) stays at No. 4 to round out the top four.

The Canes stay ranked No. 2 in both the AP Top 25 poll and the Coaches Poll for the second-straight week – the highest ranking for the program since 2003. They have been ranked in the top 10 of both polls for six-straight weeks.

UM is set to travel to play its regular season finale against Pittsburgh at noon Nov. 24 at Heinz Field. If the Hurricanes win, they will complete their first undefeated regular season since 2002.

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

The Marlins — along with a handful of other teams — haven’t signed a single player from another team ...

The 2019 Miami Hurricanes coaching staff is now in place and ready to rumble. Though the Hurricanes ...

The last time Tyree St. Louis played something other than tackle, by coincidence, was the last time ...

Manny Diaz might as well have been the head of the National Weather Service on Tuesday. At 7:27 p.m. ...

Even after landing Ohio State transfer Tate Martell, the Hurricanes aren’t done looking for quarterb ...

Miami Transplant Institute performed 681 transplants during 2018, setting a new national record in k ...

Jazz aficionados launch new video series by sharing invaluable performance techniques. ...

Gisela Vega, the former associate director of LGBTQA Initiatives at Florida International University ...

With new “personas” allowing for a more personalized mobile experience, the redesigned University of ...

Teams of scholars will use U-LINK grants to examine ways to reduce opportunity gaps and biases in mu ...

Miami released its 2019 football schedule highlighted by a season-opening matchup against Florida in ...

The Miami women's basketball team earned its first victory at Cameron Indoor Stadium with a 58- ...

University of Miami Athletics announced Thursday that ESPN reporter and UM alumna Allison Williams w ...

The No. 17 Miami women's tennis team will play its first dual match of the 2019 campaign Friday ...

The University of Miami men's tennis team will open the 2019 dual season when it faces Stetson ...