Best of Miami, Cover, Edge

Best of UMiami 2017: The Global City

COVER_square.jpg

Pitbull sings about “international love,” and when it comes to the mixing of global cultures, there’s no place quite like Miami. On a campus where students can grab arepas, pastelitos, and poke bowls between classes, where one might hear snatches of Spanish, Arabic, French and Chinese on the sidewalks, it’s hard to forget the unique cultural fabric of the city of Miami. Located at the southeastern tip of the United States, Miami serves as a gateway to South and Central America. At the same time, its attractions draw in students and residents from all over the world. The Miami Hurricane’s 2017 edition of Best of UMiami, “The Global City,” is your student passport to not only some of the most exciting parts of this multicultural city, but also the most memorable parts of this unique campus.

Check out our special issue on our stands now, and navigate our features with our Best of UMiami special webpage here.

Gino DiMare on Tuesday stood in a spot that two men before him had crafted into a pinnacle of succes ...

The NBA Draft is on Thursday, and the buzz around the league is that the University of Miami’s Lonni ...

Former NFL and University of Miami star Kellen Winslow Jr. was arrested Thursday for numerous allege ...

Trevor Darling's perseverance paid off. After not being selected in the NFL Draft, the former U ...

Father's Day has never been a big holiday in the Larranaga household because basketball always ...

Colder Atlantic temperatures could change hurricane season forecasts, but the trend isn't expec ...

UM neurorehabilitation expert David S. Kushner, M.D., who helps modern patients recover from brain s ...

Gino DiMare was officially introduced as the 10th head baseball coach in program history Tuesday in ...

Jaquan Johnson was named to Athlon Sports' Preseason All-America First Team, while Shaq Quarter ...

An outstanding showing at the USATF Championships earned Symone Mason a trip to the World U20 Champi ...

UM alum returns to lead Canes' MBB strength and conditioning efforts. ...

Amy Deem was recognized for the third time as the ACC Women's Outdoor Track and Field Coach of ...