Best of Miami, Cover, Edge

Best of UMiami 2017: The Global City

COVER_square.jpg

Pitbull sings about “international love,” and when it comes to the mixing of global cultures, there’s no place quite like Miami. On a campus where students can grab arepas, pastelitos, and poke bowls between classes, where one might hear snatches of Spanish, Arabic, French and Chinese on the sidewalks, it’s hard to forget the unique cultural fabric of the city of Miami. Located at the southeastern tip of the United States, Miami serves as a gateway to South and Central America. At the same time, its attractions draw in students and residents from all over the world. The Miami Hurricane’s 2017 edition of Best of UMiami, “The Global City,” is your student passport to not only some of the most exciting parts of this multicultural city, but also the most memorable parts of this unique campus.

Check out our special issue on our stands now, and navigate our features with our Best of UMiami special webpage here.

Women’s soccer World Cup champion Megan Rapinoe urged University of Miami students to fight for equa ...

Engineering and business professors met with officials from the City of North Bay Village and Miami- ...

University of Miami and Miami Dade County Public Schools educators say bringing mental health inform ...

The School of Architecture and College of Engineering are offering new master’s programs to train th ...

Ian Diaz Brannon is the recipient of the Jenkins Scholarship, a full-tuition scholarship awarded to ...

RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://www.hurricanesports.com/rss.aspx. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.