College GameDay 2017, Cover, Football, Sports

ESPN College GameDay set to broadcast from UM Lakeside Patio

Mark RIcht

Miami Coach Mark Richt acknowledges fans after a 28-10 win over No. 13 Virginia Tech Nov. 4 at Hard Rock Stadium. Photo credit: Hunter Crenian

On Nov. 4, it was announced that ESPN’s College GameDay would be making its way to Miami Nov. 11 to preview the primetime matchup between No. 3 Notre Dame and No. 7 Miami, among other games.

Now, the location is set.

The school announced Nov. 8 that the show will broadcast from 9 a.m. to noon that Saturday on the campus’ Lakeside Patio.

The main stage will be set up on the north end of the patio, between the Donna E. Shalala Student Center and the Norman A. Whitten University Center Pool.

The event is free and open to the public. Fans may begin arriving to the “Pit” area in front of the stage on a first come, first serve basis at 5 a.m. The Pit opens at 6:30 a.m.

ESPN’s College GameDay, a pre-game show broadcast to preview the day’s upcoming games, will broadcast from Coral Gables for the first time since 2001. The program airs from the location of one of the weekend’s featured games between two highly ranked teams.

UM couldn’t be more excited to host.

“When GameDay comes, that means something good is happening at your school,” UM head coach Mark Richt said. “I hope they enjoy it. I hope we live up to the expectation of that type of a game. We need a packed house. I believe we’ll get it.”

Isaiah Kim-Martinez

Isaiah Kim-Martinez can be reached on Twitter at @isaiah_km.

University of Miami tailback/fullback Trayone Gray, a popular fifth-year senior out of Miami Carol C ...

When Mother’s Day came around back in May, Keontra Smith knew it was time to unveil his college comm ...

University of Miami true freshman quarterback Jarren Williams was not at practice on Tuesday morning ...

A six-pack of Canes notes on a Monday: ▪ The Hurricanes, who began the offseason with five highly sk ...

There’s no doubt who the starting quarterback is at the University of Miami. As for those other thre ...

Conquer common back to school challenges with an expert's guide for parents and children. ...

Unique camp supports children whose parents have cancer. ...

New study shows that discriminating against workers with tattoos puts hiring managers at a competiti ...

Bill Clinton convenes the second summit of his CGI Action Network on Post-Disaster Recovery at UM. ...

A UM researcher has determined that children exposed to traumatic events exhibit pains that if left ...

Head coach Mark Richt, all 10 assistant coaches and more than 50 players met with the media at the N ...

The Miami Hurricanes were under the lights at Hard Rock Stadium Saturday, closing out the opening we ...

The University of Miami volleyball program reported for training on Tuesday, officially beginning pr ...

Several members of Miami's highly-rated recruiting class have entered fall camp hungry to prove ...

Two University of Miami Track and Field athletes represented their respective countries at the Europ ...