Administration, News

Brandon Gilliland named new vice president and chief financial officer

this is an image

Brandon Gilliland, current vice president for finance at Wake Forest University, has been named the University of Miami’s new vice president and chief financial officer.

Gilliland will “provide leadership, oversight and stewardship for all aspects of the university’s financial resources,” according to an announcement released by Executive Vice President for Business and Finance and Chief Operating Officer Jacqueline Travisano.

Gilliland will also oversee the university’s offices of the Treasurer, Controller, Budget and Planning, Business Services and Supply Chain Services.

“Brandon brings not only expertise and innovative ideas; he is especially committed to building strong, trusting and collaborative university-wide partnerships,” the statement read.

Gilliland joined Wake Forest University in 2007. Before becoming the university’s vice president for finance in 2016, he served as associate vice president for finance and university controller.

During his tenure at Wake Forest, he led $500 million in financing activities as well as improving the university’s investment income by 50 percent.

He received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Northeastern State University and master’s degree in business administration from the University of Tulsa.

Gilliland’s role at UM will begin Dec. 18, 2017.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Linebacker might be the most important position for the Miami Hurricanes to recruit in the Class of ...

Issiah Walker Jr. won’t be at Paradise Camp on Saturday. Instead of attending the Miami Hurricanes’ ...

June is a huge recruiting month for the Miami Hurricanes. It concludes with Paradise Camp on June 22 ...

The University of Miami showed women’s basketball coach Katie Meier how much it appreciates her on F ...

Frank Garis first watched Jalen Rivers from the opposite sideline, and the offensive lineman was imp ...

The University of Miami Black Alumni Society is hosting a number of Juneteenth events around the cou ...

The University of Miami Rosenstiel School’s Rescue a Reef program teams up with the NFL and others t ...

The Frost Chopin Festival and Academy at the University of Miami provides unparalleled experiences f ...

The Emmy Award-winning journalist, who grew up in Miami and started her career in Spanish language t ...

Nursing researchers and music therapists test a simple and cost-effective way of motivating critical ...

The University of Miami volleyball program is set to host the Hurricane Invitational and nine ACC ho ...

Games will be contested July 3-14 in Naples, Italy. ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a contract extension for head ...

Adrian Del Castillo garnered his second Freshman All-America honor of the year, appearing on the Per ...

Two-time Miami women's basketball team co-captain Laura Cornelius is set to start her professio ...