Administration, News

Brandon Gilliland named new vice president and chief financial officer

this is an image

Brandon Gilliland, current vice president for finance at Wake Forest University, has been named the University of Miami’s new vice president and chief financial officer.

Gilliland will “provide leadership, oversight and stewardship for all aspects of the university’s financial resources,” according to an announcement released by Executive Vice President for Business and Finance and Chief Operating Officer Jacqueline Travisano.

Gilliland will also oversee the university’s offices of the Treasurer, Controller, Budget and Planning, Business Services and Supply Chain Services.

“Brandon brings not only expertise and innovative ideas; he is especially committed to building strong, trusting and collaborative university-wide partnerships,” the statement read.

Gilliland joined Wake Forest University in 2007. Before becoming the university’s vice president for finance in 2016, he served as associate vice president for finance and university controller.

During his tenure at Wake Forest, he led $500 million in financing activities as well as improving the university’s investment income by 50 percent.

He received his bachelor’s degree in business administration from Northeastern State University and master’s degree in business administration from the University of Tulsa.

Gilliland’s role at UM will begin Dec. 18, 2017.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Though it’s early, UM already has assembled an outstanding nine-member 2020 recruiting class, a grou ...

Three days before they open their season against the Rutgers Scarlet Knights, the Miami Hurricanes h ...

The first half of Wednesday night’s game was as lousy as the weather outside the Watsco Center, as t ...

UM coach Manny Diaz took his staff to the Florida Keys on Tuesday evening to visit with famous Keys ...

Dominic Mammarelli didn’t only commit to the Miami Hurricanes because of Mark Richt and his old staf ...

UM experts react to a new ban that prohibits people in Key West from using certain types of sunscree ...

A matchmaker extraordinaire, Ricardo Cepeda, the manager of the UM Zebrafish Facility, is passionate ...

The Shelley family shares their story of four generations at the University of Miami. ...

Mark Rowlands, a University of Miami professor who adopted and raised a wolf-dog cub, observed the s ...

The Canes open the 75th season in program history and first under the direction of head coach Gino D ...

The No. 15 Miami women's tennis team is set to open league competition Saturday afternoon with ...

ACC unveils opponents for 20-game conference schedules for next three seasons. ...

Miami tops Clemson 65-64, as Johnson hits game-winner with 0.4 seconds remaining. ...

The Miami women's tennis team ascended two spots in this week's Oracle/ITA team rankings a ...