Crime and Safety, News

Commercial rental vehicles banned from Hard Rock Stadium after New York attack

Hard Rock Stadium will prohibit commercial rental trucks and vans as a precaution after Wednesday afternoon’s deadly terror attack in New York.

Dean of Students Ryan Holmes said the decision was made by Hard Rock Stadium and is unrelated to recent tailgate restrictions enacted by university administration.

According to a statement released by the Dean of Students Office on Friday, parking lots will be open for tailgating activities but “rental vans and flatbed trucks leased from agencies like U-Haul and Ryder will be prohibited.”

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

Talula Thibault, a senior at the University of Miami and chair of the ECO Agency, will participate i ...

Overturning a widely accepted fact, University of Miami researchers discover that fruit flies hate b ...

The Miami Business School this fall launched a unique and forward-thinking Master of Science in Sust ...

The United States can handle its growing debt a lot better than other countries, such as Argentina, ...

A University of Miami materials engineer is developing a method that will help the aviation industry ...

Miami evened its record with a win over Central Michigan. Now, a quarter of the way through the seas ...

The Hurricanes forced three turnovers and held off a hard-fought effort from Central Michigan, defea ...

Daevenia Achong of the Miami women's tennis team won a pair of matches Sunday to reach the Milw ...

The Hurricanes hung on for a 17-12 win over Central Michigan, but acknowledged there are things they ...

The Miami women's tennis team wrapped up action Sunday at the Miami Fall Invite, posting a 3-1 ...