Crime and Safety, News

Commercial rental vehicles banned from Hard Rock Stadium after New York attack

Hard Rock Stadium will prohibit commercial rental trucks and vans as a precaution after Wednesday afternoon’s deadly terror attack in New York.

Dean of Students Ryan Holmes said the decision was made by Hard Rock Stadium and is unrelated to recent tailgate restrictions enacted by university administration.

According to a statement released by the Dean of Students Office on Friday, parking lots will be open for tailgating activities but “rental vans and flatbed trucks leased from agencies like U-Haul and Ryder will be prohibited.”

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

As the novel coronavirus continues to force people inside, movie theaters across the globe have clos ...

Richard Myers, a senior lecturer in the Miller School of Medicine, offers tips and best practices on ...

Offered this fall, the Master of Science in Data Science will tailor its curriculum for multiple fie ...

In the wake of measures instituted to stop the spread of the pandemic across the globe, emission lev ...

A University of Miami cybersecurity lecturer provides a few tips to ensure a positive and safe compu ...