Crime and Safety, News

Commercial rental vehicles banned from Hard Rock Stadium after New York attack

Hard Rock Stadium will prohibit commercial rental trucks and vans as a precaution after Wednesday afternoon’s deadly terror attack in New York.

Dean of Students Ryan Holmes said the decision was made by Hard Rock Stadium and is unrelated to recent tailgate restrictions enacted by university administration.

According to a statement released by the Dean of Students Office on Friday, parking lots will be open for tailgating activities but “rental vans and flatbed trucks leased from agencies like U-Haul and Ryder will be prohibited.”

This article will be updated as more information becomes available.

Amanda Herrera

Amanda Herrera can be reached via email at aherrera@themiamihurricane.com and through Twitter at @_AmandaHerrera.

They were way below the radar coming into the 1983 season. And after their 28-3 opening-game loss to ...

In the opening eight minutes on Saturday — and the final seven minutes — FIU looked like a team that ...

The N’Kosi Perry era is here. Whether it’s here to stay is yet to be seen. The fans got what they wa ...

Ten takeaways from UM’s 31-17 win against FIU on Saturday at Hard Rock Stadium: ▪ Credit Mark Richt ...

As the Miami Hurricanes started their third series against the FIU Panthers on Saturday afternoon, t ...

A year after UPup’s founding father met his match, the service club is realizing its goal of becomin ...

N'Kosi Perry and a dominant Miami defense led the Hurricanes to a 31-17 victory over the Panthe ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team is headed to the championship of one th ...

The Miami women's tennis team posted a 5-2 mark in official matches on the second day of the Mi ...

Freshman Riley Howard continued her incredible start as a Canes cross country runner setting another ...

The University of Miami soccer team is set to host Virginia Tech Sunday at noon at Cobb Stadium. ...