Community, Edge

5 fun and easy Halloween costumes

Halloween prep time is flying by and you still don’t have a costume. These five costumes can be created with just a few items you probably have on hand already. If you can’t scare your friends, at least impress them with your effort.

1. Eddie Kaspbrak and Richie Tozier from “It” (2017)

If you plan to dress up as one of the characters from the blockbuster hit “It, stray away from Pennywise and focus on the duo of Eddie and Richie. The main characters are just as recognizable as the freaky clown, but more creative.

What you’ll need:

— Square glasses for Richie

— Gauze to create a cast for Eddie’s broken right hand. Don’t forget to add the special signature “Lover” instead of “Loser”

— Dirt/paint to add to shirt and jeans

it.png

2. Billy the Puppet from “Jigsaw

The eighth part of the famous horror franchise “Saw” comes out in theaters a couple days before Halloween. Use your basic makeup skills to scare your friends as this well-known character.

What you’ll need:

— White face powder or face paint

— Black mascara

— Black eyeliner to smudge on and under eyelids

— Red lipstick to draw spiral circles on cheeks and apply to lips

— Black and red contact lenses

Pair the signature makeup look with a Billy-inspired monochromatic outfit.

saw.png

3. Scooby-Doo Crew

Throw it back to one of the original ghost-busting squads by getting a group of friends together to dress up as the members of the “Scooby Doo” gang. You can also fly solo and dress up as just one of the crew members.

What you’ll need:

—Orange shirt and red skirt with big, chunky glasses for Velma’s outfit

—Purple dress and green scarf with a thick hair band for Daphne’s look

— Green shirt and brown pants with messy hair for Shaggy’s ensemble

—Blue pants and white shirt with a bright red or orange ascot for Fred’s signature look

daphne.png

4. Bellatrix Lestrange from the “Harry Potterseries

Each character from J.K. Rowling’s universe is a great choice for Halloween, but there’s something a bit more horrifying about Bellatrix that sets her apart, making it a perfect costume for this spooky holiday. Voldemort’s loyal servant is known for her creepy eyes and wild, curly hair.

What you’ll need:

— Long black, gothic-style dress, or a long high-waisted black skirt and shirt

—Curling iron and hairspray to create curls and volume

—White face powder

— Dark red or brown lipstick

— Necklace with a skull and a magic “wand”

harry potter.png

5. “Rick and Morty

Transforming into the main characters from this animated sitcom is a great, timely pop-culture reference.

What you’ll need:

— A yellow shirt, white shoes and blue jeans for Morty

— A doctor’s coat, brown jeans, a light blue shirt, a flask and a blue wig, or blue hair spray, for Rick

rick and morty.png

Elina Katrin

Eleven football seasons ago, after the Miami Hurricanes and FIU Panthers met at the Orange Bowl for ...

University of Miami fans no doubt are loving the Hurricanes’ two newest tight ends. What they’re pro ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Thursday: ▪ Though UM wasn’t called for a single penalty against ...

Two of the best athletes and a freshman quarterback on the No. 21 University of Miami football team ...

A six-pack of Hurricanes notes on a Wednesday: ▪ The Miami Hurricanes are honoring their 1983 nation ...

NASPA names UM as a Lead Advisory Institution for the seventh year in a row. ...

The trailer for a documentary exploring the relationships between UM students and Holocaust survivor ...

New technology could help workplaces and schools identify violent intruders before they enter the do ...

The Miami Hurricanes volleyball program won its third straight match in 3-0 fashion on Friday night ...

Estela Perez-Somarriba of the Miami women's tennis team registered two straight-set wins Friday ...

It's been over a decade since they last met, but Miami and FIU are set to renew their crosstown ...

The University of Miami cross country team gears up to compete in its third meet of the season this ...

University of Miami Director of Athletics Blake James announced Friday a five-year contract extensio ...